Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SSWU + airmiles.ca reward ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

SSWU + airmiles.ca reward ticket?

I called into Airmiles.ca to find out what ticket class they use when booking YUL->LHR and they couldn't come up with an answer... so I'm curious if someone has tried to do this before? Any info would be appreciated.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:04 pm

Officially Airmiles tickets cannot be upgraded.

Here is a previous thread on the same topic - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ir-canada.html.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite
Indeed, they cannot be upgraded.

However, one time I asked a check in agent if I could use an upgrade certificate on an airmiles reward ticket and surprisingly she said yes.

Some agents are plain ignorant. But ignorance works both ways- maybe you get one that lets you upgrade. I was once told I couldn't upgrade a ticket and later I found out I could (that was before I discovered flyertalk

Never hurts to ask at check in. Don't use the kiosk; use an agent.

Good luck.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for your help! Kind of funny that in calling both companies involved in the transaction nobody can answer anything, come to Flyertalk and get the answers easily!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Even if AMs book into a class that is T+ it is not to be upgraded either with certs or under opup situations. Nor receive AE mileage credit. However, a few months ago I was on an AM ticket between YYZ-DCA-YYZ and at both departure gates I was paged by the agent and opup'd to J. Of course I cannot reveal how I got my SE number onto the reservation so my status showed to the gate agents...
Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA PREMIER GOLD, AC*E25K, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Airmiles tickets give you the AC file number. Use this to look up your file on the AirCanada web site under the "manage my bookings tab." You will learn the fare class here. If it is a T+ fare, then when you check in on-line 24 hrs in advance of your flight, enter your Aeroplan number into the system at this time. Now you should be offered an "upgrade" button...use it.

Airmiles tickets do not allow requesting upgrades in advance of the OLCI, and officially are not supposed to be up-gradable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.