Missing Miles and No Answer from Aeroplan

Old Aug 20, 10, 1:10 pm
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 10 months VLC, 2 months everywhere else
Programs: *A
Posts: 3,770
Missing Miles and No Answer from Aeroplan

Good Day:

Did a few searches and looked at the faq so forgive me for asking if this has been answered--Trying to find a way to talk to a person at Aeroplan. 12 weeks ago, I sent in my boarding passes, tix, etc to the office for credit for a LOT biz flight. I did a follow up letter 14 days ago and have not heard back from them nor seen these miles added to my account.

Thanks friends
GuyverII is offline  
Old Aug 20, 10, 1:52 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: YUL
Programs: AC*SE 2012/13 /CIBC AP Gold/&BIS
Posts: 2,284
Are you a regular tier member of E or Se? Did you send the BP and such to the Montreal office or another? IE Aeroplan Centre P.O. Box 7737 Station Terminal Vancouver, BC Canada V6B 5W9. E & Se's have another I guess supposed express contact in Montreal. If your one of these tiers go your AP Top-Tier Benefits / Priority Contacts.

If not then I guess you will need to wait I'm afraid.
getaround is offline  
Old Aug 20, 10, 3:05 pm
  #3  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 10 months VLC, 2 months everywhere else
Programs: *A
Posts: 3,770
Originally Posted by getaround View Post
Are you a regular tier member of E or Se? Did you send the BP and such to the Montreal office or another? IE Aeroplan Centre P.O. Box 7737 Station Terminal Vancouver, BC Canada V6B 5W9. E & Se's have another I guess supposed express contact in Montreal. If your one of these tiers go your AP Top-Tier Benefits / Priority Contacts.

If not then I guess you will need to wait I'm afraid.
Regular member. I sent it all in and am going for *Gold so these miles are important.
GuyverII is offline  
Old Aug 20, 10, 3:32 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: YUL
Programs: AC*SE 2012/13 /CIBC AP Gold/&BIS
Posts: 2,284
Originally Posted by GuyverII View Post
Regular member. I sent it all in and am going for *Gold so these miles are important.
Did you take photocopies? I do myself now for this reason.

Sorry I have no more suggestions.
getaround is offline  
Old Aug 24, 10, 11:15 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,033
Is there honestly no way to solve this problem?

I'm waiting on miles from MS from June (AP number was on booking), and after having done the online claim (and hearing nothing) and sending in everything (after taking copies) and still hearing nothing, I'm at a loss for what to do next.

I should hit instant E in September after 30 odd flights, but this one missing flight could make me lose it as I'm not flying again until after the instant E window closes. Colour me not impressed.
rehoult is offline  
Old Aug 24, 10, 3:19 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal and Dublin
Programs: AA Platinum
Posts: 2,676
I also sent in a boarding pass on July 29th and haven't heard back. I guess I made a mistake, I sent it to Vancouver
zkzkz is offline  
Old Aug 24, 10, 8:39 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: AC 75K, BA, SPG, HH, IHG, BW
Posts: 22
I have had the same problem - no response from Air Canada after writing twice about missing miles for a LHR to YYZ sector on AC metal in May this year. I sent copies of the boarding pass and e ticket to the AC Elite address in Montreal in early June and again early August. So far no points credited and no response.

The web site states 4-6 weeks for missing points to be credited. It would be great if AC could at least respond within this time frame, confirming receipt and explaining that due to 'abnormally high workload' processing times would be extended.
A310 Driver is offline  
Old Aug 25, 10, 12:49 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: YWG
Programs: AC P,PC Plat,HH*G, Marriott Rewards
Posts: 152
why don't you try calling? i've done this in the past and they've posted them while i'm on hold. this is of course after i've done the mileage claim online.
flyboy99 is offline  
Old Aug 25, 10, 8:48 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,033
Originally Posted by flyboy99 View Post
why don't you try calling? i've done this in the past and they've posted them while i'm on hold. this is of course after i've done the mileage claim online.
I'm up for that. Just the plain old AP number, or is there another one I should be using?
rehoult is offline  
Old Aug 25, 10, 3:40 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,033
Called them today:
AP - "It's good that you called us. Egypt Air responded that K class doesn't get miles"
Me - "It does for international flights, at least according to you website"
AP - "Uhh, please hold"
--- 5 minutes later
AP - "You are correct, that flight should count; MS must have thought it was a domestic flight. We're sending them another email to work this out. It should take about 6 more weeks to solve. If you haven't got the miles by then, please call us back"

So by mid-October, after 2 claims and a phone call, I may have my June 23rd flight credited. Sigh.
rehoult is offline  
Old Aug 25, 10, 4:17 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ottawa
Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Posts: 1,111
Originally Posted by rehoult View Post
Called them today:
AP - "It's good that you called us. Egypt Air responded that K class doesn't get miles"
Me - "It does for international flights, at least according to you website"
AP - "Uhh, please hold"
--- 5 minutes later
AP - "You are correct, that flight should count; MS must have thought it was a domestic flight. We're sending them another email to work this out. It should take about 6 more weeks to solve. If you haven't got the miles by then, please call us back"

So by mid-October, after 2 claims and a phone call, I may have my June 23rd flight credited. Sigh.
I"m in the same boat fro SAS flights that did not post and some that posted with wrong quantity of miles. This was for travel in mid June. I'm still waiting. I am SE and did speak to someone but still not action.
Global guy is offline  
Old Aug 26, 10, 11:06 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SEA
Programs: DL Silver (Status challenge)
Posts: 417
Originally Posted by Global guy View Post
I"m in the same boat fro SAS flights that did not post and some that posted with wrong quantity of miles. This was for travel in mid June. I'm still waiting. I am SE and did speak to someone but still not action.
I was on the same boat. I had miles missing from a UA flight in January and got them in June. But from that experience I put all my blame on UA. Aparently (and I called UA's MP to confirm), UA thought I was travelling on a free (award) ticket. I tried telling them that I did pay for the ticket and if they are stubborn in believing that it was an award ticket, I would like to have my money back. Didn't work.

Anyway, AP's issue management dept took care of it for me, albeit a long process.
jlionw is offline  
Old Sep 11, 10, 10:05 am
  #13  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 10 months VLC, 2 months everywhere else
Programs: *A
Posts: 3,770
Originally Posted by rehoult View Post
Is there honestly no way to solve this problem?

I'm waiting on miles from MS from June (AP number was on booking), and after having done the online claim (and hearing nothing) and sending in everything (after taking copies) and still hearing nothing, I'm at a loss for what to do next.

I should hit instant E in September after 30 odd flights, but this one missing flight could make me lose it as I'm not flying again until after the instant E window closes. Colour me not impressed.
I'm still waiting! I sent in photocopies of my documents I originally sent and haven't heard or seen a peep.

Anyone have a phone #?

thnx
GuyverII is offline  
Old Sep 11, 10, 10:44 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: YYZ
Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Posts: 942
I have a smaller problem than you guys. I never thought sending BP to them is a good idea or that it is too much work.

I reserved a hotel through AC's website and still haven't been credited with the 1000 of miles they owe me.. Haven't contacted them yet but as my case is much easier for them to see, I'll give them another month. After all it has only been a month.

When I flew ANA last month, I made sure they put my AC card on the flight.. and it was credited to my account 2 or 3 days after I fly.. Not sure why some of you guys don't just give the airlines your FF card# at check in.. ? Or why you have to resort to sending your BP to Aeroplan. But I'm sure you have your reasons. I just hope I don't find myself in your situations. sounds frustrating..
Ichinensei is offline  
Old Sep 11, 10, 11:24 am
  #15  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 10 months VLC, 2 months everywhere else
Programs: *A
Posts: 3,770
Originally Posted by Ichinensei View Post
Not sure why some of you guys don't just give the airlines your FF card# at check in.. ? Or why you have to resort to sending your BP to Aeroplan. But I'm sure you have your reasons. I just hope I don't find myself in your situations. sounds frustrating..

Well, that's just it. 1) I emailed LOT my Aeroplan number, received a confirmation email. 2) confirmed at the check-in desk my Aeroplan # was there, 3) miles haven't been credited for, oh, SEVEN months?!?
GuyverII is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread