Search

Best/Worst MLL's

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP
Best/Worst MLL's

Hi all,

I'm new here and figured I would start a thread based on something I'm interested in. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a previous thread posed on this.

So, what is everyones favourite/least favourite lounge?

I particularly like YOW since it was renovated- it's never busy.

What are the lounges like in some of the smaller airports? I was surprised to find there were lounges in Regina, St. John's etc.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by TheArtistFormerlyKnownasElite
Hi all,

I'm new here and figured I would start a thread based on something I'm interested in. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a previous thread posed on this.

So, what is everyones favourite/least favourite lounge?

I particularly like YOW since it was renovated- it's never busy.

What are the lounges like in some of the smaller airports? I was surprised to find there were lounges in Regina, St. John's etc.
St John's very small 4 computers on the one side not much for snacks IMO.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
Is AC similar to AS in that you can use the lounge if holding a business class ticket regardless of the city pair, eg IAD-YOW-YVR?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by mtensioners
St John's very small 4 computers on the one side not much for snacks IMO.
What improvements would make it better? It is YYT after all!!!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: meh
Regina's lounge is...well....dainty. I don't think it has any computers. You need to get a door lock PIN during checkin. If you use the kiosk you don't get said PIN. Found that one out the hard way.

I think the seating capacity is something like 16 and there's about 300 sq ft of total space. It is nice to get away from the madhouse that is the gate area....wait....this is YQR....right.

In all fairness it is a nice little room considering the size of the airport.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheArtistFormerlyKnownasElite
Hi all,

Welcome to FT

A search using the "search feature" revealed the following thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...af-lounge.html
Old Jul 21, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
What improvements would make it better? It is YYT after all!!!
YYT is actually pretty nice given the size of the city. The lounge staff person is always extemely nice and friendly, they keep everything well stocked, there are a few magazines to choose from etc.

YVR given the size of the city SUCKS in my opinion - the only magazines they have are enroute and ac vacations, the drink selection sucks and every time I'm there everything is empty / out of stock, and the snack selection is way worse than Toronto, YUL or even YOW.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Haven't been to them all, but YYT is probably close to the highest on my list. Given the crazy departure bank of most flights from YYT being between 5am and 6am, the friendly gal who normally works it, along with some toast, yogurt and coffee are a welcome sight!

My least favourite is probably YVR too, though I find YUL often hard to find seating, the layout is poor.

YEG is high on my list, but probably just because I go through there at lot and always have a great reception from the balding guy with glasses on his head...come to mention it, I think we've had this thread in the past few months.

Strangest look probably goes to LAX, though the new YOW one has similar decor but it seems to work better in there.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
YQR is not that bad. It's quiet. Regina airport may be small but at certain times of the day (e.g. 5:00-7:30 or 8:00 am) it can be very much a zoo, so to get away from the rush is nice. I find big airports like Pearson feel less crowded because there's a lot of space you can walk, unlike small airports.

You'll get the PIN automatically if you check baggage. If you do OLCI or kiosk check-in and don't check bags, then you won't get your code. In that case just find an Air Canada employee, show your boarding pass and get the PIN.

The traffic is growing at Regina quite quickly (they thought we'd hit a million pax in 2015 but we hit it in 2008 instead). I'm more worried about us getting US preclearance than a larger MLL, but that is just me...
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:28 pm

I quite like the YYT lounge too. The one is YQR is fine, but I really hate that I have to go and fetch a lounge code. As I almost always go carry-on only, having to go and get the code is real pain, especially when some of the check-in agents ignore the E/SE line. I have had to wait more than once while the E/SE agent was dealing with ticketing only to have the other agents never call me from the E/SE line. When all I want is a pin code, that bites.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
YYZ international is nice! When I went, they had a lot of hot food even with a relatively empty lounge (since the LHR flights got cancelled because of the volcano). Soup and pasta mmm :3

YEG is nice too, second floor ... you can look down at all the peons at the gate. So too at YVR t/b (and this has one shower unlike YEG!)

When I visited YYC it was relatively empty. The lounge felt big

YYZ t/b is somewhat horribad. It's bad enough that most of the view out the window is blocked by some sort of roof. It's even worse when ... you look out to an empty part of the airport apron. Plus this lounge always seems full (why???)

Worst lounge is definitely YVR international. One month later, still pissed off
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:56 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by maradori
Worst lounge is definitely YVR international.
What's so terrible about the YVR International lounge? I have a long layover in about a month and know I'll be spending a lot of time at the international lounge, so I'm curious. I thought YVR transborder was nice enough. Sure, no hot food but hey, we're in North America and that certainly isn't the norm for lounges on this continent.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:14 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by YukonYXY
YVR given the size of the city SUCKS in my opinion - the only magazines they have are enroute and ac vacations, the drink selection sucks and every time I'm there everything is empty / out of stock, and the snack selection is way worse than Toronto, YUL or even YOW.
YVR Domestic has other magazines... they just aren't displayed very well but I've been able to pickup most of the usual MLL selection there. Although in the last couple of months I've noticed the selection getting sparse (especially at YYC).. no reader's digest, no policy options, haven't seen canadian geographic either.

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
What's so terrible about the YVR International lounge? I have a long layover in about a month and know I'll be spending a lot of time at the international lounge, so I'm curious. I thought YVR transborder was nice enough. Sure, no hot food but hey, we're in North America and that certainly isn't the norm for lounges on this continent.
YVR Int. is a fairly small lounge for how busy it can get, not the greatest layout either.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
YVR Domestic has other magazines... they just aren't displayed very well but I've been able to pickup most of the usual MLL selection there. Although in the last couple of months I've noticed the selection getting sparse (especially at YYC).. no reader's digest, no policy options, haven't seen canadian geographic either.
Where do they hide the non-enroute / ac vacations magazines in YVR? I can never find any, and last time I was there it was pretty empty so I decided to open every cupboard I could find and even nicely asked the dragon if she knew where i could find one or two but to no avail?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:52 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by YukonYXY
Where do they hide the non-enroute / ac vacations magazines in YVR? I can never find any, and last time I was there it was pretty empty so I decided to open every cupboard I could find and even nicely asked the dragon if she knew where i could find one or two but to no avail?
Well, there's a shelf on your left as you are walkign towards the food/beverage area from the stairs - I can't quite picture it but ther's something in the middle with shelves on either side and in those there tend to be magazines. The area by the newspapers always just has enroute/ac vacations.

If that doesn't make any sense perhaps someone else can do a better job of describing it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.