Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best/Worst MLL's

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
Haven't been to them all, but YYT is probably close to the highest on my list.
The only negatives about YYT are the lack of a washroom, and that snack availability is somewhat inconsistent. Also its size means that self-important cellphone types can be even more annoying than usual.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
What's so terrible about the YVR International lounge? I have a long layover in about a month and know I'll be spending a lot of time at the international lounge, so I'm curious. I thought YVR transborder was nice enough. Sure, no hot food but hey, we're in North America and that certainly isn't the norm for lounges on this continent.
The real problem is that the YVR terminal is just so nice. By camparison the lounge is just nothing special. There were more empty and more comfortable looking seats outside the lounge than in it. And it was less noisy and crowded. And the internet was free.

Basically the only thing the international lounge had going for it was the free alcohol
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
As AB320 said earlier, several threads on this issue.

Regardless, here is my $0.02

Best lounges - YEG, YWG, YYZ Int
Worst lounge - Easy - LAX (albeit the NZ Koru Club next door makes up for it).

However, the LAX MLL still heads or tails above most RCC's - especially any in ORD.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Best lounge has to be the LHR Arrivals lounge for the bacon buns - the rest is a bit of a dive.

Worst is Moncton because it doesn't exist even though they just built a new terminal so one could have been added and AC traffic there has to be higher than Regina.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
I know it's not a real MLL, but I really think the YQB lounge is the nicest. Great view, great interior, great food and drink.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:19 am

I'm a big YYT fan. Though I miss the days (4ish years ago) when it was just a door code. J was normally pretty empty out of YYT back then (at least on my flights), so it was frequently just me, my drink and a book. A great way to spend an hour before a flight.

I also agree with the general on YVR. Went through the domestic lounge for the first time a couple weeks back and was disappointed. My biggest complaint would be a shortage of staff; given the high throughput of passengers in that lounge, I would have expected more staff to be clearing glasses, refilling shelves, etc... And the wait time for a shower was 45 minutes+; made me wish for the 20 shower stalls that BA runs in LHR.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by The Lev
Worst is Moncton because it doesn't exist even though they just built a new terminal so one could have been added and AC traffic there has to be higher than Regina.
Actually, Regina's airport has higher (almost double) the pax traffic than Moncton. Also Victoria, Kelowna, Saskatoon, Quebec City, Fort McMurray, Thunder Bay and Hamilton all have higher numbers than Moncton, but are without MLLs. If Moncton was the size it is but was the capital I'd say it would be farther up the list for possible MLL addition, but given that it has lower pax traffic than those airports ^ and isn't a provincial capital I'd say it will be a while before it gets one .

Cite:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...senger_traffic

( from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/51-203-...0/t008-eng.htm )
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Smile

Originally Posted by YukonYXY
Actually, Regina's airport has higher (almost double) the pax traffic than Moncton. Also Victoria, Kelowna, Saskatoon, Quebec City, Fort McMurray, Thunder Bay and Hamilton all have higher numbers than Moncton, but are without MLLs. If Moncton was the size it is but was the capital I'd say it would be farther up the list for possible MLL addition, but given that it has lower pax traffic than those airports ^ and isn't a provincial capital I'd say it will be a while before it gets one .

Cite:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...senger_traffic

( from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/51-203-...0/t008-eng.htm )
I have to wage in for obvious reasons. Overall traffic isn't necessarily the best indicator here, I think The Lev was referring to AC traffic only. Why would AC put an MLL in a place where a good share of passenger the traffic comes from WS or others?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
I've seen almost all of the MLL's; have to say LAX is not all that good. Although not refurbished, I still like YHZ. It has alot to do with the staff and the overall atmosphere.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
yyz international is the best
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
MLL at CDG isnt great either. any lounge where you have to step outside to visit the toilet cant be great.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by why fly
yyz international is the best
I agree. The staff there have always been incredible. Earlier this month when I was travelling they even allowed me to bring my brother into the lounge for free and I don't even have any kind of status. I get into the lounges through my CC.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
YUL international departures lounge is quite nice. Excellent view and lots of room.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by The Lev
Doubtful.

2008 traffic:

Moncton 158,456 movements, 515,460 pax
Regina 64,111 movements but 1,022,442 pax

Moncton must get a lot of military, private or courier traffic that Regina doesn't get, but Regina must have either more or much larger passenger service.

Saskatoon has more traffic than Regina but no MLL; I imagine they'll get one before Moncton.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by PhotoJim
Doubtful.

2008 traffic:

Moncton 158,456 movements, 515,460 pax
Regina 64,111 movements but 1,022,442 pax

Moncton must get a lot of military, private or courier traffic that Regina doesn't get, but Regina must have either more or much larger passenger service.

Saskatoon has more traffic than Regina but no MLL; I imagine they'll get one before Moncton.
YYJ should have a MLL before Saskatoon or Moncton. Even though most of their traffic is Dash 8 to YVR, they still run a lot of pax through that airport and it is one of the few provincial capitals without a lounge (other than PE and NB).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.