Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Customer appreciation on inaugural flight AC780 SAN-YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer appreciation on inaugural flight AC780 SAN-YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2010, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Customer appreciation on inaugural flight AC780 SAN-YYZ

The folks at SAN threw a little party for the passengers of AC780 this morning, to celebrate the first non-stop flight to YYZ (in a while).

AC gave out free neck pillows, Sea World was there handing out little stuffed dolphin toys, and the airport authority had a breakfast baggie for everyone, with a muffin, juice and cereal bar. A sea otter mascot was on hand as well for the photo ops.

On board, about halfway through the flight, the FAs cut up a huge cake and everyone who wanted some got a piece.

All these little gestures were much appreciated, and it was fun to be part of this "inaugural" flight.

(Of course, AC has flown YYZ-SAN in the past, but for now it's all new again. They also just moved to terminal 2 east, to a tiny counter, and all the new staff were being trained. Checkin took quite long as a consequence, but nobody missed their flight.)
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:35 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Cool gesture. I've yet to be an on inaugural flight, but sounds like based on your experience the best thing is to be on the return portion of the flight. I cannot imagine that the send off in Toronto was quite as grand.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Yeah, wait till the route is cancelled again.

I was on this route quite regular in the mid 2000's... and was sorely sad to see AC cancel it.

So why all the hoopla when it gets reinstated, and not much fanfare for the YVR route?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yeah, wait till the route is cancelled again.

I was on this route quite regular in the mid 2000's... and was sorely sad to see AC cancel it.

So why all the hoopla when it gets reinstated, and not much fanfare for the YVR route?
Because don't you remember? Toronto is the center of the Canadian universe.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: AC E50K
It appears to me the activities at SAN were locally organized not the initiative of AC other than the cake on board.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spot planes
It appears to me the activities at SAN were locally organized not the initiative of AC other than the cake on board.
Agreed - all local. Even the cake was provided by the airport for the crew, along with 100+ paper plates, napkins and forks....

Still, nice to see some enthusiasm, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.