Wiki Posts
Search

aeroplan call centre

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E, UA Gold
aeroplan call centre

This has never happened to me before so I'd like to share the story.

As discussed before, when booking reward tickets, AE always assign seats to the back of the cabin regardless of your status. There's no exception this time when I booked my ticket last night. So as always, I picked up the phone and called the Elite Contact Centre to change my assigned seat. Here is the conversation:

Agent: Hello.
Me: Hi, I have a reservation and would like to select my seat.
Agent: Did you book with us?
Me: I booked through Aeroplan. It's a reward ticket.
Agent: You have to call Aeroplan. We cannot do it.
Me: Really? I have done this before by calling the general reservation line.
Agent: No, we cannot touch aeroplan's file. NEVER. (you can figure our his tone the entire time).
Me: Was the rule changed recently?
Agent: (silence)
Me: Hello?
Me: Hello?
Agent: (silence)
I guess I was hung up some time ago.

I have never encountered such a rude agent when calling the elite line. Seriously, if I had booked with aircanada.com, I would have selected my seat online by myself. I don't need to call. If I had booked with air canada over the phone, I would have selected my seat in the first place. I don't know what he would say if I told him I booked with expedia!

Before reaching E, I called to select my seat all the time without any problem (or attitude). No one ever asked where/how I booked my flight as long as the ticket is paid, nor did anyone hang up on me. I was shocked by such a service.

Anyhow, I called again and spoke to another agent. As usual, no question was asked and my seat was selected (12C). Perfect.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I dunno. I've been able to select seats for my reward tix. However, it's been a long time since I redeemed for Economy award.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:48 pm

My bet is it is a union 'issue' mate.......happened to me a few times.

Amazing how unhelpful some employees can be and they should be ashamed. Hiding behind a veil of 'union respect' when they should be servicing those who contribute to their companies overall health.

Can only hope that Karma is going to come along soon and bite them in the a$$....
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
My bet is it is a union 'issue' mate.......happened to me a few times.

Amazing how unhelpful some employees can be and they should be ashamed. Hiding behind a veil of 'union respect' when they should be servicing those who contribute to their companies overall health.

Can only hope that Karma is going to come along soon and bite them in the a$$....
Agree about the cosmic karma, though my guess is the call came through very close to the end of that employees shift ending and they couldn't be bothered to put out the effort as it would take them past their shift end.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by achman228
So as always, I picked up the phone and called the Elite Contact Centre to change my assigned seat.
Just a thought. When I book AE tickets I usually call AE to change the seat assignments. Having said that, I've never had a problem calling AC when there's a mix of Award and Revenue tickets and I want to change one or both. Guess you unlucked out.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E, UA Gold
Most of the time, the agents are friendly and helpful. But one bad agent can destroy the a good company's reputation quickly. I know I was unlucky to get that agent. I don't know the reason he hung up on me. It's just not professional in any workplace. If you read my first posting, he didn't even tell me his name. I guess he only planed to talk to me till his shift ended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.