Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan: The Extra Mile Offer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 5:50 pm

Programs: HH-S WS-G
Originally Posted by apkesh
can someone say how long it took them to receive the promo 10% code from the time they registered?
I had the bonus credited to my account but i never received the promo code.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:36 pm

Got my 12,000 points today!!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Just got the 12,000 (2nd threshold) Email today even though miles were credited days ago.

One nice surprise was the 2 maple leaf lounge passes I get. Said I would get those in a few weeks.

Nice little surprise, suppresses the disappointment (Potential) at not getting early elite recognition.

Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:14 pm

Denied my 12000 points

I was denied my 12,000 points by aeroplan. I had 16 segments but they said only 15 are eligible and 1 was code share with united and not eligible. What really pissed me off is I spoke with an aeroplan agent on Nov 8 to check how many eligible flights I have towards this promotion and was told 15 and needed only 1 to get my 12000 points. And I had to fly round trip on Nov 10 and 11, but ended up taking only the return flight with air canada because I was told I only needed 1 more. I took westjet for my departing flight because the timing was better. I could have taken both flights with air canada if I knew I needed 2 more segments.

The sad part is I specifically asked the agent on Nov 8 if what they now call "code share" flight is counted and she said YES and I trusted that. Unfortunately now they are telling me that I only have 15 segments and can't get the 12000 points. I tried talking to supervisors (Lucy - customer support team lead in Vancouver) but she said NO and I can't talk to anyone higher in aeroplan. That is very sad from aeroplan. It was there fault but couldn't admit it. They should train there agents better and they should be OBJECTIVE not SUBJECTIVE.

Anyone with this kind of experience? Should I try putting my case to air canada? Whom should I contact? Please help.

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
YYC guy

Try e-mailing [email protected] and see if you have any luck...

Otherwise, just tough sh*t...

In the past I have learn if I am calling CSR (not only aeroplan, but any company) for something critical (which 90% of the time are). I will write down the date, time and person's name (sometime they will even provide extension number for direct contact).

It is easier to support your claim later on when you have the actual date, time and name attach to it. Just my 2 cents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.