Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YVR int'l to int'l connection on a Sunday afternoon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL; KLM Gold; AC 50K

In two Sundays, I will be connecting from AC 18 (HKG-YVR) to AC 854 (YVR-LHR). Assuming AC 18 will run on time, I will have just a little more than two hours to make the connection. Searching the forums shows that I will have to go through immigration and customs. I will be travelling carry-on only.

Looking at flightstats.com, Sunday 2pm-3pm appears to be a busy window with many international flights arriving at YVR. Also noticed AC 18 arrived over an hour late last Sunday

This will be my first int'l to int'l connection at YVR. For those in the know, will two hours be enough time on a busy Sunday afternoon? Will the Concierge (I will be in J) be able to help speed things along if the AC 18 arrives late?

I know this is the long way to get from HKG to LON, but it is a long story Btw, just did some quick calculations, with all the scheduled Asia, Europe, and US travels, I will accrue 33,000 status miles (incl. CoS bonus) in June alone ... whew!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Suggest you check out the YVR website to see the process of connecting and fast track customs procedure.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL; KLM Gold; AC 50K
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Suggest you check out the YVR website to see the process of connecting and fast track customs procedure.
Good idea. I checked out the website, it looked pretty hopeful when I came across the connecting through YVR online app . Unfortunately it is broken, I filled in the info but no output I will keep looking.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 4:42 pm

On my US->intl connection I had a long way to walk but just a very quick passport control desk with no queue and no separate customs. I assume it's the same for intl->intl but have never done it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.