Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 767-300XM Vers. 3 mini cabin layout (3 rows)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC 767-300XM Vers. 3 mini cabin layout (3 rows)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: E50 MM
Thumbs up AC 767-300XM Vers. 3 mini cabin layout (3 rows)

I came in today on AC847 from MUC to YYZ and was in 14K. There were only 3 rows in the mini cabin just past J with row 12 having the extra legroom. All of the 767 I have been on (mostly to GRU) have had 4 or rows in this section with row 12 actually being short on legroom as their was no cut out into the bulkhead. I usually avoid row 12 for that reason but in this case, row 12 would have been the preferred row.

How many of these planes with this layout does AC have? Which routes are they generally used on?
Old May 25, 2010, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
There are actually five rows on most of AC's XMd 763s, which are AC's old fleet, and three on the old CP planes. Washroom positions are also different. With no mid-cabin loos on the old CP aircraft. I was told these were generally found on Pacific routes but did show up on the EZE/SCL run from time to time.
Old May 25, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Rushfan1
I came in today on AC847 from MUC to YYZ and was in 14K. There were only 3 rows in the mini cabin just past J with row 12 having the extra legroom. All of the 767 I have been on (mostly to GRU) have had 4 or rows in this section with row 12 actually being short on legroom as their was no cut out into the bulkhead. I usually avoid row 12 for that reason but in this case, row 12 would have been the preferred row.

How many of these planes with this layout does AC have? Which routes are they generally used on?
Topic has been covered several times. These are "original" AC aircraft fins 658/659/660/661. They are bunk equipped aircraft and are generally scheduled on YVR/PVG & YYZ/TLV, but through the normal rotation process, make their way through the entire system. They also have one extra J/C seat (9A) - configuration is 25J/166Y.
Old May 25, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
There should be four of this configuration in AC's fleet. Here is the seat map:

http://AirlineExpert.com/_AC_Boeing_767_300_suites_3.html

Row 12 is a good choice as OP mentioned, but be aware that there are a couple missing/misplaced windows around row 12 and 13. The red marking along the fuselage of the AirlineExpert.com seatmap depicts these missing windows.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:19 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Before being XM'd I know that FIN 631 had 3 rows in the mini Y cabin, did this become 4 or 5 after being XM'd?
Old May 26, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by shore9
Before being XM'd I know that FIN 631 had 3 rows in the mini Y cabin, did this become 4 or 5 after being XM'd?
I don't recall that, but 631 was AC's first 767-300 with a unique layout. The mid-galley was behind the last row of J/C, and subsequently relocated during the XM process to behind Cabin B. It is now consistent with 632-636 and has 5 rows (12-16). As a matter of interest, fin 631 was also leased out in 1994 to Polynesian Airlines flying between APW & SYD/AKL/NAN/HNL/LAX.
Old May 26, 2010, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
There are actually five rows on most of AC's XMd 763s, which are AC's old fleet, and three on the old CP planes. Washroom positions are also different. With no mid-cabin loos on the old CP aircraft. I was told these were generally found on Pacific routes but did show up on the EZE/SCL run from time to time.
I had one of the old ex CP metal FRA-YYZ on the 5pm Departure. It was indeed a long walk back to the loos in the rear of the aircraft.

I hope that I don't get one on my upcoming trip YYC-NRT.
Old May 26, 2010, 6:19 am

These aircraft will also be operated to MAD this summer, barring any day-of operational changes.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 3:42 pm

Bumping an old thread here. I'm in one of these aircraft from yyz to zrh in October in 14k. Row 12 is taken (so are the emerg exit rows), row 13 has no window... so row 14 it is. Keeping constant watch on the others though.

Any comments about row 14 experiences? Even though it's the last seat in the cabin (against the bathroom) Seatguru doesn't have an warnings about it not being able to recline or it's proximity to the bathroom.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:10 pm

p.s. Seatguru says it is row 13 in this mini cabin that has no window... and seat expert says it is both row 14 and 13 with an obstructed window. Any clarification from those who have experienced it?

I've searched far and wide for more info on this topic but it's really hard as flyertalk won't search for the small words like "767" or row "14", etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.