Wiki Posts
Search

Change to Award ticket.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Change to Award ticket.

Planning a trip to China this summer and thank god there is still availability on aeroplan for the moment. I know this won't last, but I can't decide on my definitive travel dates. If I book now, but need to make changes later, will I only pay the normal modification fees or also differences in points ? What happens if there's no aeroplan classic seats available for my new dates ?

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
1) You'll have to pay the change fees. IIRC, I think it's $75.
2) You can only change to other dates which have the same level of award. If not, of course you cough up the difference. Or, you can cancel your ticket outright for $135.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
They have "simplified" it so both fees (change or cancel) are $95, lowering the less-used cancellation charge and raising the much more often used change charge
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan
On Saturday, per ticket, I paid $90 plus GST ($94.50) plus 8K in points to change an intinerary I made in June 09 under a "reward seat sale" program.

When I booked the seat sale ticket, I hadn't realized that I would have to pay back the savings on the whole itinerary (I was only changing the return portion, having already flown the outbound.) Since the odds were always incredibly slim that I'd fly on the dates I had originally chosen (and picked because there were no J seats for the date I had truly needed to fly home) I would not have even gone with a reward ticket had I known I'd have to cough up so much extra to make the change. It was enough extra that we considered abandoning the return portion but ended up taking it because it assures us J in 2/3 segments home from west coast.

Proceed carefully with this fully aware of how high your costs might be. Remember as well, you cannot change the start/stop airports, just the date and time of the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.