Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Purser Flirted with Girl Across From me, Then Upgraded Her to J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purser Flirted with Girl Across From me, Then Upgraded Her to J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by NordsFan
Indeed.

Forbidden Upgrade Consented Keenly Initiates Niggling Gold's Billious Sentiment.
Ah, I recognize the clue - initially because I have started to do (or not) cryptic crosswords !
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE
I don't see the point in this point, other than outright jealousy. I've received courtesy upgrades in the past - I wouldn't be upset if I saw someone else getting to sit in a big seat.

Don't covet thy neighbour's upgrade.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:14 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by SlingBladeYup
I don't see the point in this point, other than outright jealousy. I've received courtesy upgrades in the past - I wouldn't be upset if I saw someone else getting to sit in a big seat.

Don't covet thy neighbour's upgrade.
Air Canada is a major international airline and its employees have a responsibility to act in a professional and fair manner. I agree with earlier posters that there should be room for some discretion from a Service Director in the event of exceptional circumstances. I also agree that some chatting and flirting between flight attendant and passenger can be expected and is by no means egregious. That said, free upgrades purely because of personal preferences is unfair and unacceptable.

I will admit that I would be very jealous if I saw this happening on my flight, but that is beside the point. The fact is that every passenger on an Air Canada flight (or any other flight for that matter) deserves to be treated and deserves to expect to be treated in an equal manner. This means that an individual should not receive special treatment because of the way they look. (Again, I very much accept that there is room for some SD discretion in the event of exceptional circumstances). Ultimately, assuming the OP's story is correct, this was a form of discrimination and undermines the confidence passengers should have in the level and consistency of customer service they deserve from Air Canada.

If this is were a one-off incident, then I wouldn't be particularly bothered by it, but judging from other poster's experiences and Andrew Yiu's very strong response, this seems to be an issue that happens more often than it should.

Last edited by jbb; Feb 10, 2010 at 2:17 pm
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL/NW, Proud Sky Club Member
Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
You should've grabbed her BP, take down the FA's name, and pass the info to Andrew and AC customer service. Better yet, use your video phone to record the incident and post it on YouTube like what they did with the TTC! LOL
Sounds like just the sort of behavior that would get the flight diverted and some special friends waiting for you at the boarding door. I would not want my flight diverted over upgrade nonsense so please refrain from such actions. Handle it on the ground.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:06 pm
QNX

Am I readying some of the above posting correctly .. !!!

Upgrades shall serve the carrier, it should make client satisfied or more loayal, it shall never be decided by how much a FA or GA likes or dislikes the look of a customers.. !!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:39 pm

we are pretty quick to commend or denounce the actions of the flight attendant in question.

the whole purpose of the investigation is to ensure that the flight attendant acted in the best interest of the company that is not for us to judge or decide.

how do we know the FA was flirting with the girl and not sympathizing her due to a bad day or sob story. i got or seen people being upgraded for a myriad of reasons:

1. broken leg
2. bad day
3. relationship engagement
4. christmas present
5. was abused by another passenger
6. missed connection
7. home sick
8. charmed the GA/FA on Tango Fare with no status
9. swapped seats discreetly
10. volunteered to help FA / someone else
11. was polite
12. bought one-way J and one way Y because thats all i could afford
13. parents was sitting in J and kids in Y
14. wanted to give me a special snack (cookies / ice cream / garlic bread)
15. friend of FA/GA
16. made a mistake
17. unable to find my preferences
18. dressed well / looked nice
19. got into a friendly conversation
etc etc and the list goes on....

ok we got the op's story... great observation... move on.... its up to AC management to decide whether it was legit / warranted.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:55 pm

as far as AC is concerned it is never legit / warranted if not done at the gate or once the doors are closed. PERIOD.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: FT
i usually rant about a lot of things, but this stuff has been going on for as long as i have been flying and thus i don't care....

besides, if i was in the union and it was me doing the upgrade, i would deny it until blue in the face and then file a grievance about AC management taking the word of some person on the internet over my own….

finding the person so upgraded would cause a few problems....although i am not sure AC would have a right to access the personal information of the other pax for this purpose...especially once the flight is done...but i am no expert on the laws on what they can access the same for and not...and frankly, do not care.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:25 pm

All I got out of this thread is that there is a job waiting here for Adam Giambrone, and if Now Magazine was actually right about his sexual preference, he would still not be out of place.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
we are pretty quick to commend or denounce the actions of the flight attendant in question.

the whole purpose of the investigation is to ensure that the flight attendant acted in the best interest of the company that is not for us to judge or decide.

how do we know the FA was flirting with the girl and not sympathizing her due to a bad day or sob story. i got or seen people being upgraded for a myriad of reasons:

1. broken leg
2. bad day
3. relationship engagement
4. christmas present
5. was abused by another passenger
6. missed connection
7. home sick
8. charmed the GA/FA on Tango Fare with no status
9. swapped seats discreetly
10. volunteered to help FA / someone else
11. was polite
12. bought one-way J and one way Y because thats all i could afford
13. parents was sitting in J and kids in Y
14. wanted to give me a special snack (cookies / ice cream / garlic bread)
15. friend of FA/GA
16. made a mistake
17. unable to find my preferences
18. dressed well / looked nice
19. got into a friendly conversation
etc etc and the list goes on....

ok we got the op's story... great observation... move on.... its up to AC management to decide whether it was legit / warranted.
All of these are very valid scenarios for what may have happened and is just the more reason for the OP not to get all worked up by this?
OP - did you get the seat you paid for? Did they come by with the refreshment cart? Did the FA's come when you rang for them? If so, what is the complaint, just jealousy? Not everyone is treated equally on a flight for dozens of reasons and just because you are jealous I don't think you should complain to AC. Every industry and business that deals with clients will encounter situations where people are treated differently, it's just human nature.
I agree 100% that this can do more harm than good. Flying YUL-CDG on business once, I was in business class, my wife was in Economy, the back cabin of business was almost empty, I asked the purser if my wife could sit with me, he said sure but she would not get the meal, which she did not care about, she just wanted a better sleep. Complaints like yours are only going to eliminate this stuff from every happening again.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:37 pm

sometimes i think we care too much and should focus on our own issues...

like the other person in that other post that posted his jealously that AC did not take the SSWU from another passenger but taken his away after upgrade because the other person was on standby to be upgraded and staff gave it a pass...

i hope the moderator can conclude and close this thread!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Too bad we won't know the outcome.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
We are often quick to point fingers towards others, but forget that three are pointed back towards us......

.........sounds good, means something....oh ya life is unfair and sometimes it sucks....and dont pee in the wind

....And what about all of us ugly people...dont we get anything?????

Last edited by HerpaYvr; Feb 11, 2010 at 2:58 pm
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: On Sabbatical, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Sebring
All I got out of this thread is that there is a job waiting here for Adam Giambrone, and if Now Magazine was actually right about his sexual preference, he would still not be out of place.
Perchance to dream... Too bad about that not-so-bright thing.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
LOL.

Jealous about the upgrade? To what? the luxurious E90 executive "suite" for a 2 hour flight? LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

If I want F, I buy F.

LOL the term "purser" is only used by old folks? LOL You obviously havn't flown enough airlines. You outta buy a *A RTW F ticket and try as many airlines as you could. Please visit my photo album. Perhaps it will inspire you to try the SQ A380 Suites. Oh, but you won't be able to upgrade to try these seats.

Fact: Purser came to the aisle, talked nonstop to the girl for a good 10 minutes. I will omit the details of the conversation. But, on the E90, it's hard to keep a private conservation in the middle of the aisle with his behind in my face. I've got 500,000 BIS under my belt and I've seen enough flirting (and as an active or passive participant) going on, but most of the time, it happened discreetly in the galley, and didn't involve classless acts in the middle of the cabin. It's unprofessional, plain and simple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.