Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100% Discount on Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

100% Discount on Air Canada

My friends were able to book tickets from Phoenix, AZ to Sydney, Australia last night on Air Canada for March/April. They say they got a code that brought the price down to $0 + tax, which worked out to about $148. Anyone know if this is true? I tried the code, but it didn't seem to be working today.
I haven't seen anyone else mention it this year, but did see a few people talking about it happening in past years.
Anyone know if their tickets will be honored?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
Originally Posted by LuckyBuy
My friends were able to book tickets from Phoenix, AZ to Sydney, Australia last night on Air Canada for March/April. They say they got a code that brought the price down to $0 + tax, which worked out to about $148. Anyone know if this is true? I tried the code, but it didn't seem to be working today.
I haven't seen anyone else mention it this year, but did see a few people talking about it happening in past years.
0$ I don't think so!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:33 pm

Doubt it even if it was 0$ the AC fuel tax would be hundreds alone.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC,CO,UA,US,BA
I believe it's belong to aeroplan redemption.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
New Years eve 2006 where all flights in C ex US were 0.00. I believe that fuel surcharges increased the fare slightly!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...e-0-fares.html
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:04 pm

LuckyBuy, welcome to FlyerTalk.

I strongly suspect that your friends are pulling your leg.

What exactly is this "code" that you speak of, and how was it supposed to be used ? I would be surprised if such a deal had existed ( even for a short time ) and noone else on FT was aware of it.

Let us know if your friends make it to Australia.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Seems the OP just joined FT and has only this one post. So who is really pulling someone's leg here anyway? You would think he would reveal the actual code and where he tried to enter it if this is an honest posting. I will reserve judgment until I get those details.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:13 pm

Could it be a prize that they won and the code was to get the free tickets? On those you generally pay taxes, but 0 fare. Just a thought.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:13 pm

One possibility (though unlikely since they've all expired now) is the Air Canada 500 contest from mid-2008. Winners received a code that rendered North American / Caribbean / Mexican T+ fares as $0, though taxes brought our OGG trip up to $112 or something like that.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by LuckyBuy
share the code
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Finally found the code they gave me...it was atj3bap1. When I enter it now, it says the code can not be reused, but notice it does say 100% discount. Good luck, hope it works for someone else.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:45 am

if you enter the same code atj3bap1 but replace the 1 at the end with a 3 it asks you to link a PNR when you click "search". Also if you replace the 1 with a 2 it asks you to enter your travel Agent number in. So this code must have something to do with a travel agency?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:59 am
Original Poster

I guess its possible, but my buddies aren't travel agents - not are their parents. I have no idea how they got the code.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I wish it was true nothing is quite as good as a 100% discount.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: TK*G, AP Prestige, BAEC, Alaska Air MP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold HHonors GOLD VIP, Hyatt GOLD
This is what you see when you try it. Could be true!!! Where do we get more of these?? Please share!!

Promotion Code: NTATJ3BAP1
Discount: 100.00%
Expiry date: 31/12/2011

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.