Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Transfer AMEX Membership Rewards to Aeroplan - 25% Bonus! Dec 14-20, 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,

When you transfer a minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points to Aeroplan Miles receive 25% more Aeroplan Miles. Offer available from December 14th to 20th, 2009. Note: Regular transfer rate is 1,000 Membership Rewards points for 1,000 Aeroplan Miles. With Aeroplan® you can redeem Miles on any airline in the Star AllianceTM network, giving you access to over 965 destinations in more than 162 countries, on 20 international airlines. With Aeroplan onboard with Membership Rewards, there's never been a better time to enjoy the rewards. So take time to explore the world.

http://catalogue.membershiprewards.c...newSearch=true
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I can confirm this. I just called in to exchange points and was offered the 25% bonus. The agent said that this was for Canada AMEX only (ie. not applicable for USA AMEX)
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
So Hppy. Have been sitting on over 100K MR's, waiting for a promo. Thank you Amex/Aeroplan!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
How did you find out about this? Did Amex send you an email? I sure don't want to miss this kind of opportunity to cash out my MR points.

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
When you transfer a minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points to Aeroplan Miles receive 25% more Aeroplan Miles. Offer available from December 14th to 20th, 2009. Note: Regular transfer rate is 1,000 Membership Rewards points for 1,000 Aeroplan Miles. With Aeroplan® you can redeem Miles on any airline in the Star AllianceTM network, giving you access to over 965 destinations in more than 162 countries, on 20 international airlines. With Aeroplan onboard with Membership Rewards, there's never been a better time to enjoy the rewards. So take time to explore the world.

http://catalogue.membershiprewards.c...newSearch=true
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:32 pm

Darn! Wish I waited a couple of more days....I just transferred 26K MR points to AE on Dec 12.... The agent didn't mention anything about an upcoming bonus.... may not have been aware I guess...
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Thanks CFH. I was surprised to see that the points transferred instantly too!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:52 pm

do they ever make this offer with MBNA??

I'm stuck with a bunch of miles from a company deal lol!!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Ooooo so wish this was valid for US Membership Rewards!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by gleff
You have a slew more partners over the ones we have, so the grass isn't always greener on the other side... That said, I've been sitting on about 50K MRs to transfer so nice little bonus. Thanks for pointing this one out. Was getting a bit T'd off by all the AeroAmex card bonuses with nothing for those of us with the regular Amex cards.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Ooooo, so wish a lot of the perks that the US AX members have were available to us north of the border!!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jarusoba
How did you find out about this? Did Amex send you an email? I sure don't want to miss this kind of opportunity to cash out my MR points.
I saw it on redflagdeals.com
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC*E, AS MVPG, AA Gold, PC Plt Amb, SPG, Avis First, National Executive
Thanks OP! Too bad I only got about 1300 MR points left.... But confirming the points (including the bonus) posted immediately.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:15 am

Thanks for the heads up OP. I just transfered a whack of points.

Can someone give me a quick reminder of when AP points expire? Is it 7 years? i.e., irrespective of account activity, the points I just deposited will be lost if not used by dec 15/2016? and Is there a place on AP which shows when points will expire? Know this has been covered . . . go easy
Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Thanks for the heads up OP. I just transfered a whack of points.

Can someone give me a quick reminder of when AP points expire? Is it 7 years? i.e., irrespective of account activity, the points I just deposited will be lost if not used by dec 15/2016? and Is there a place on AP which shows when points will expire? Know this has been covered . . . go easy
Fist in, first out, so these will have a 7-year lifespan max depending upon your current balance and redemptions over the coming years. Doubt anybody around here will have to worry about losing miles. Much Ado About Nothing!

BTW QF just reduced the lifespan of its accounts now requiring the pretty standard one transaction a year to keep an account alive.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I want the UNITED Chase card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.