Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Transfering US Membership rewards to AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2000, 8:42 am
Original Poster

I know this has been asked before but I couldn't find the thread. So..

What is the best procedure for tranfering points from a US Amex MR account to my areoplan account. I looked at Hilton but I didn't see AC listed as a transferable airline and the generic exchange rate of 10,000 Honours for 1500 air miles is terrible.

Any ideas?
Old Apr 20, 2000, 10:02 am
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
The only way I can find to get an AC award from that plan is to transfer the miles to Mexicana and claim the award from there.
Old Apr 20, 2000, 11:03 am
ALW

Would one of the hotel partners allow this? Either Amex-Marriott-AC or Amex-Starwood-CP? Or can you only use (e.g.) Starwood points earned at hotels, for air rewards?

I haven't looked at the details but ISTM that CdnAmex-Starwood is a lousy conversion ratio and I assume the USAmex is similar.

andrew
Old Apr 21, 2000, 8:04 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
Fix-It: I think Marriott has the best conversion rate;

30K Membership Rewards=30K Marriott Rewards=10K aeroplan miles

20K Membership Rewards=20K marriott Rewards=5K aeroplan miles

10K Membership Rewards=10K Marriott Rewards= 2.5K aeroplan miles

Note however that you can only convert from Marriott points to miles twice per calendar year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.