Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurants in Stellenbosch South Africa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO, Jurys Doyle Priority, Marriott
Question Restaurants in Stellenbosch South Africa

I will be in Stellenbosh ofr a couple of weeks with most evenings free but no car. Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations in central Stellenbosch?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:04 am

a couple of places I can think of to sample at
www.volkskombuis.co.za
www.ouwewerf.co.za
http://www.makaronrestaurant.co.za
jan cats
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:22 pm

Just some off the top of my head. All walkable, Dorp St, Plein St area, etc.

Wijnhuis

Col'Cacchio Pizzeria (chain, but fine)

Cafe Dijon (beware, service can be slow, but I've been there with some big groups)
- As you're looking at Cafe Dijon, look up (to your right) and there's a new place - it's like "the Butcher Block" or "Blockhouse" or something - spotted it there a couple of weeks ago and wanted to visit but didn't have the time.

Casparus

If you CAN get out of town a bit
Duck Pond at Welmoed (for lunch)
Jardine (sp?) at Jordan Winery
96 Winery Road

Oh, and avoid Cape Town Fish Market - down the road from Cafe Dijon. Visited there on good memories from long past visits - has dramatically taken a turn for the worse (it may have been a completely different owner/operator/restaurant in past).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.