Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2004, 12:01 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
my JNB trip

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...1&sort_order=0

thanks for your great advices...esp to johan rebel

i ended up with 3 days @ elephant plain, sabi sand game reserve
2 days @ kruger (matikitiki camp)
6 days @ cape town (arabella sheraton, and 1 day @ western cape hotel & resort)

the sheratons are very good, i got great suites @ both hotels.

will write up more about my trip, but you can see my fotos on CX F on CX 749 and CX748 at the link
(6 more albums there @ ofoto, but i dont know the convenient way to show them. also, is there a better site for sharing these photos? ofoto took out all my file titles (also serve as captions))
------------------------

about sabi (and other private game lodge). see all big 5 in 3 days, but the downside is they only care about the big 5 and ignore most other wildlife.

i like kruger more. however, in kruger you stay on the road (bring your binoculars). in private game reserve they drive the rover till you are next to the animal.
if you got time to spend in Kruger, my suggestion is to start 1-2 days with the guided tour, then rent the camp and car yourself inside the park (there is an Avis site inside the park) and drive around.
it is 450km frmo north to south and we only covered 10th of the area or less in 2 days there.

cape town is also great. the cape point national park is worth at least half a day. also check out Boulder where the penguin nests are......

the 2 sheratons (arabella and the luxury colleciton western cape) are the best of this group....

Last edited by pegasus8228; Jun 27, 2004 at 3:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.