Search

Cape Town restaurant recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Cape Town restaurant recommendations

There will be 14 of us and we are looking to prebook some restaurants before our arrival in CPT.

Ideally we wanted two recommendations for a Friday and Saturday night. I don't want it to be too far from V&A waterfront as we will be staying around there. 10-15 mins drive would be max distance we want to go.

We would love Sushi, Thai, sea food or local SA cuisine. But ideally it should be reasonably priced and not overpriced like the ones in the tourist hotspots usually are.

Beach views would be a huge plus point.

Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:26 pm

A group that large is probably going to be in "private party" size-land and cannot just make a booking. You're going to have to plug away at calling/emailing your selected places and going through a private booking arrangement with each place. Having worked in hospitality in SA and the USA, no way they're going to block out a reservation for 14 on a Friday or Saturday without some pre-planning and a guarantee on a card to even think about holding the booking.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Yeah I am happy to do that. Would you have any restaurant recommendations?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:37 am

Hi, we are in Cape Town now, staying in the Gardens area at the Cape Cadogan hotel—-a great place BTW. We just ate at the hotel’s restaurant Upper Union and it was terrific. We also like Black Sheep in the same area. Gardens is short Uber ride from the V&A. Not sure where you are from, but as compared to most major cities globally prices here for food are a bargain. Last night’s dinner was 52 USD for two with wine. And the Uber from the V&A where we went this AM was just 5 USD. We are dining at several multi course places on this trip throughout the Western Cape and most are <=150 USD for two with wine. Only the most expensive will exceed 200 USD for two. Try doing that in California or France.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:25 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
We went to Fyn, https://fynrestaurant.com/, and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. It's way more on the expensive side, for the two of us it was around $200 (which as mentioned above, is really expensive for Cape Town). But the food was exceptional, and the experience itself was great. There are also a lot of option in Time Out Market, but you may have a hard time with that many people.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:50 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
A few I have enjoyed. Willoughby's in V&A waterfront mall for sushi and seafood, Baia also in V&A (a little more high end) and the Codfather near Camp's Bay for good seafood and a fun atmosphere.
onlysuites likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.