Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel to Seychelles - various questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2024, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Travel to Seychelles - various questions

I am currently working on a trip to the Seychelles in April. Flights are booked (QR Q-suites). I am currently looking at

- 6 nights on Mahe at the Hilton Northolme (booked with points)
- 4 nights on Praslin

Planning to do side trips to neighboring islands from Praslin (specifically, La Digue, Curieuse).

Some questions:

1. Looking for recommendations for accommodations on Praslin. We are a couple, budget is flexible, but probably not interested in paying $1000+ per night for Raffles I realize there aren’t (m)any good points redemption options from western chains, and that’s okay. Might book direct or via AA Hotels (for some miles/LP) or hotels.com.

2. rental car recommendations for both Mahe and Praslin? I have driven on the “wrong” side of the road before, so that doesn’t really scare me.

3. Our flight back to Doha leaves at 7pm-ish in the evening. Would you take the ferry or Twin Otter back to Mahe on the departure day, or the day before? Basically, how reliable are those intra-island connections?

4. I have read more than one post recommending La Digue over Praslin. Would you split four nights into 2 and 2 on each island? I could also reduce Mahe stay to five nights and spend more time on Praslin/LaDigue. But I am concerned that checkout/checkin and transportation adds more hassle and wasted time than it is worth.

5. Any recommendations for a laundromat or laundry service, probably in Victoria/Mahe? We are generally trying to travel lightly, so one or two trips to get our clothes washed are probably necessary.

6. Snorkeling - rent there or bring gear? (see previous question, would prefer not to bring gear)

7. Any must-try restaurants?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.