Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-VISA for Algeria?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:34 am
Original Poster

e-VISA for Algeria?

Does Algeria issue e-visa? If yes, where / how can one apply for one?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
There was that quote from a government official but as far as i know that was “aspirational.” We are in Algiers now and have the paper visas from our consulate in NY. Seems its still a way off in the future.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stephem
There was that quote from a government official but as far as i know that was “aspirational.” We are in Algiers now and have the paper visas from our consulate in NY. Seems its still a way off in the future.
So while you are there have you been scouting around for any interesting airfare deals, like you used to in Colombo in the good old days?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:05 pm

The BA R fares are probably the best deal around. US$1800 or so for ALG-LGW/LHR-LAX and vv. The 2.5 hrs in euro biz from ALG-LGW isnt bad but (1) the passport and security checks at ALG were brutally slow and (2) the LGW to LHR transfer is a drag.

The R fare credits well to the AS mileage plan and has a relatively low cancellation fee and no advance purchase requirements. No stopover in LHR though on this fare. Not a good deal if you dont get a multi entry Algeria visa and amortize that cost over a number of tickets/visits. The Hyatt Regency is brand new and comfortable, and a 5 minute walk on a skybridge from the new terminal in ALG.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:20 am

Programs: FB Gold
My understanding is that if you're travelling with an organised tour operator in the Sahara region, there is the possibility to obtain a visa upon arrival. Essentially, your tour operator would do all the paperwork prior for this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Don't want to take over this thread but I'm interested in visiting Algeria at the end of April for less than 7 days. Is there any advantage to applying for a Tourist vs Transit Visa? Same price. I live in NJ near philadelphia and might drive up to the NYC like the other poaster. Is there any advantage to dropping off/picking up in person vs by mail? The actual cost of driving up (gas/tolls/parking) is more than postage. Not to mention the time. If I am just dropping off and/or picking up, is it pretty quick? or do I have to wait in a long line for a long time? My biggest concern is that I'm nervous about giving over my passport. I absolutely would like to travel somewhere end of April. I'll go elsewhere if I can't get the visa but I don't want my passport held hostage in a stack in their office. Is there a latest date where I'd be "guaranteed" to be able to get my passport back?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:46 pm

We're also visiting Algeria at the end of April. The website from the Algerian Consulate in New York states that you should apply 60 days out, and not before. Personally, I would not schlep up to NYC until you are in that window. At least that's the way I read it, but I could be wrong.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:43 am

The processing time is like a day, include a priority mailer and you'll have your passport back in 7-10 days max.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.