Wiki Posts
Search

Postcard from a few countries: Angola, Botswana, CAR, and a few more

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2023, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Postcard from a few countries: Angola, Botswana, CAR, and a few more

Heу guys!

A few years go I started to collect postcards sent to me from around the World, and got a lot of help from travelers. Since then I collected postcards from over 240 countries and special regions, but still don't have a postcards from a few African countries. I was hoping maybe someone here is in the position to send me a postcard from some of these? I'll be happy to send one to you from Sochi, Russia.

Angola
Botswana
Central African Republic
Chad
Congo, Republic of
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Madagascar
Mauritania
Nigeria
Sudan
Zimbabwe

Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: M&S Elite+, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by flamey
Heу guys!

A few years go I started to collect postcards sent to me from around the World, and got a lot of help from travelers. Since then I collected postcards from over 240 countries and special regions, but still don't have a postcards from a few African countries. I was hoping maybe someone here is in the position to send me a postcard from some of these? I'll be happy to send one to you from Sochi, Russia.

Angola
Botswana
Central African Republic
Chad
Congo, Republic of
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Madagascar
Mauritania
Nigeria
Sudan
Zimbabwe

Thanks!
Good luck with this. I have been to some of them and may well be heading back to Mauritania in a few months. Not that I recall seeing any postcards there! I will try to remember to have a look. Welcome to FT!
Old Oct 16, 2023, 12:45 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
For a number of these - the postal service is not really working.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveS
Good luck with this. I have been to some of them and may well be heading back to Mauritania in a few months. Not that I recall seeing any postcards there! I will try to remember to have a look. Welcome to FT!
Thanks so much!
Old Oct 17, 2023, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
For a number of these - the postal service is not really working.
Thanks, do you happen to know which of these may not have working postal service at the moment? I'll try to concentrate on the ones that do for now.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Angola does have a working postal system now.

I am surprised you have managed to receive a postcard from Somalia already though as it doesnt have a postal sustem.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cargueiro
Angola does have a working postal system now.

I am surprised you have managed to receive a postcard from Somalia already though as it doesnt have a postal sustem.
Thanks for reply!

Somalia doesn't have postal system, so I'm not looking around to get anything from there. There IS, however, an official with a postal cancellation device in Mogadishu. But because most travelers who gobthere there are not into mail or postal history, its a rare thing for anyone to bother to meet him for a "pre-cancellation".

There are also cases where countries don't currently have international mail service, but do have domestic service. Like South Sudan, for example. In these cases I'm happy to get "pre-cancelled" card - something that gets postmarked locally, but then sent inside an envelope from another country. But when there's international mail service available, of course, I'm after a card that went from the origin :-)
Old Oct 19, 2023, 3:29 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Guinea-Bissau's post office technically exists, but in practice you'd be hard pressed to get anything from there.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 9:46 pm

If you would like a post card from Madagascar send me a pm.
flamey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.