Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

10 Days in Cape Town - Suggestions? Tour Recommendations?

Old Yesterday, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Qatar Airways Priveledge Club

Hi everyone! So the travel agent that I normally work with is currently on hiatus. I've got nothing booked as I was initially going to be pushing this trip but I've got some time available now. So at the moment I'll be travelling with my mother (late 50s) with a couple of friends joining mid way through the trip in the 3rd week of February. Our dates are Feb 9-17. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on tour companies that will take care of any airport transfers, day trips in and around Cape Town. I've heard the must things to do are to go to Table Mountain, wineries (Stellenbosch), and to do the garden route. Does anyone have any suggestions of what are must see things and how to safely do those things. I was told to do the garden route. How safe are these things to do? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Yesterday, 7:58 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE SE100K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I have been to Cape Town several times in the last ten years and I have always felt safe more or less, but you need to be careful and since the first time I have used the same driver/guide and his prices have always been reasonable. He has taken us up the garden route and down to Cape Point and Boulders Beach through Franschhoek and Stellenbosch and along Chapman's Peak. You might also want to go to Robben Island and see some of the beaches (Hout Bay, Camps Bay). We were also recommended to a unique hotel on the garden route, Tsala Treetop Lodge. Coincidentally he will be dropping me off at the airport in Cape Town on the 9th, the day you arrive. I will pm you his contact info in case you want to get in touch with him.

Search this Thread