Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LON>EGYPT>Dubai PCR requirement

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 11:30 am
Original Poster

LON>EGYPT>Dubai PCR requirement

Hi - hoping someone with knowledge can advise. we will be going from lon to cairo for 4 days and then cairo to dubai for 7 days. Will we need pcr test from egypt to dubai or as we are british passport holders just need to show proof of vaccination?
Old May 12, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by alankane
Hi - hoping someone with knowledge can advise. we will be going from lon to cairo for 4 days and then cairo to dubai for 7 days. Will we need pcr test from egypt to dubai or as we are british passport holders just need to show proof of vaccination?
Rules of the country of departure apply. So when you take your flight to DXB from CAI, you're considered flying from Cairo. You'll need a test (most likely done in Cairo) if DXB requires tests for passengers coming from Egypt (this, I do not know, worth checking on Emirates website or similar. It might be that test requirements have been scrapped for passengers coming from Egypt. This applies if you're fully vaccinated of course).
Old May 12, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by offvoice
Rules of the country of departure apply. So when you take your flight to DXB from CAI, you're considered flying from Cairo. You'll need a test (most likely done in Cairo) if DXB requires tests for passengers coming from Egypt (this, I do not know, worth checking on Emirates website or similar. It might be that test requirements have been scrapped for passengers coming from Egypt. This applies if you're fully vaccinated of course).
Just checked and testing requirements have been scrapped for all countries to the UAE, so as long as you're vaccinated, you will not need to test. If not, then you need to present a valid negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate issued within 48 hours after the sample was collected and issued by an approved health service provider with a QR code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.