Search

EK Timatic vs. Consulate [Entry To Sierra Leone On Air Cote d’Ivoire]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:28 am
formerly mattking2000
Original Poster

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
EK Timatic vs. Consulate [Entry To Sierra Leone On Air Cote d’Ivoire]

Hi all, I'm looking for some collective wisdom here. I'm scheduled to book a flight HKG-DXB-ABJ (Abidjan, Sierra Leone) on EK. I've checked the Timatic on Expertflyer and asked on EK help, and both say a visa is required. However, I have an e-mail from the consulate in my home country (no embassy) that says my passport is 1-month visa-free for tourism purposes and that they have refused to issue me a visa on the grounds that I do not need one.

How likely am I to be denied boarding at my origin and/or at DXB?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Saltire74; Mar 21, 2022 at 10:40 am Reason: Moved to new forum with better explanation in title
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:58 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by BA Humbug
Hi all, I'm looking for some collective wisdom here. I'm scheduled to book a flight HKG-DXB-ABJ (Abidjan, Sierra Leone) on EK. I've checked the Timatic on Expertflyer and asked on EK help, and both say a visa is required. However, I have an e-mail from the consulate in my home country (no embassy) that says my passport is 1-month visa-free for tourism purposes and that they have refused to issue me a visa on the grounds that I do not need one.

How likely am I to be denied boarding at my origin and/or at DXB?

Thanks in advance!
Where are you going to? Abidjan is in the Ivory Coast and Sierra Leone is a different country. What passport nationality will you travel on? TIMATIC is generally the ‘rule book’ for international travel and getting airlines to deviate from it is not something they would do lightly.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:20 am
formerly mattking2000
Original Poster

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Well that was completely embarrassing, I've completely messed up my entire itinerary in my haste

I had a ticket HKG-DXB-(ACC)-ABJ, then flying further onto FNA on Air Cote D'Ivoire (which would make this request in the wrong forum ... if you could kindly move)

I would be traveling on an HKSAR passport.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:37 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by BA Humbug
Well that was completely embarrassing, I've completely messed up my entire itinerary in my haste

I had a ticket HKG-DXB-(ACC)-ABJ, then flying further onto FNA on Air Cote D'Ivoire (which would make this request in the wrong forum ... if you could kindly move)

I would be traveling on an HKSAR passport.
No worries 😄. Looking at the SL immigration website, there is no mention of HKSAR passports (whether they’ve bundled with another type, who knows)! https://slid.gov.sl/visa-on-arrival/

That site has a ‘contact us’ tab so may be worthwhile contacting them directly and asking the question. In the meantime, I think you might get more traction in the Africa forum so I’ll move your thread there. Best of luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.