Wiki Posts
Search

Noob question : last point of embarkation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMX CENT
Noob question : last point of embarkation

Maybe a stupid question. Assuming we will be travelling from Canada to Mauritius, our flight is YYZ -> VIE -> MRU.
When booked originally, we were hoping to head into Vienna for the day (12 hour layover) and then head back to the airport to fly to Mauritius. In light of the recent changes, I'm not sure this is possible and we may end up just sitting in the lounge at the airport.

The current regulations state "All travellers are required to present a negative PCR test taken 72 hours from the last point of embarkation" means that, if we leave the airport, this would require us to get tested in Vienna even though our original testing would have been well within the 72 hours in Canada? Obviously not possible as our results will not be back in time.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by alveoli0
Maybe a stupid question. Assuming we will be travelling from Canada to Mauritius, our flight is YYZ -> VIE -> MRU.
When booked originally, we were hoping to head into Vienna for the day (12 hour layover) and then head back to the airport to fly to Mauritius. In light of the recent changes, I'm not sure this is possible and we may end up just sitting in the lounge at the airport.

The current regulations state "All travellers are required to present a negative PCR test taken 72 hours from the last point of embarkation" means that, if we leave the airport, this would require us to get tested in Vienna even though our original testing would have been well within the 72 hours in Canada? Obviously not possible as our results will not be back in time.
So long as the test in Canada was within 72 hours of embarkation in Vienna you would not need any test if you leave the airport.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

interesting. i would have figured that it would be considered a "new trip" and therefore the last point of embarkation requiring a COVID test from Austria rather than using the test from Canada.

Although i like your answer better as we don't really want to sit in a airport for 12 hours now that Austria is slated to open again to vaccinated people. Wonder where i can get absolute confirmation as not to screw up things when we land in Mauritius.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:54 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Your last point of embarkation is Vienna, so you need to provide a PCR test taken less than 72 hours from the time your flight from Vienna leaves, but they don't care where that's taken, Austria, Canada, wherever. Don't get hung up on where the test is taken, the only important thing is when it's taken. This is the same for all these entry restrictions.
DaveS likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Your last point of embarkation is Vienna, so you need to provide a PCR test taken less than 72 hours from the time your flight from Vienna leaves, but they don't care where that's taken, Austria, Canada, wherever. Don't get hung up on where the test is taken, the only important thing is when it's taken. This is the same for all these entry restrictions.
Thank you both. Was hung up on the wording in the statement. Sounds like we should be good to walk around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.