South Africa Domestic Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP

Do any South African airlines provide food and beverage service in domestic business class now? It was banned but is it back? Flight is JNB CPT and we are trying to see if any of the airlines flying that route offers normal service.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:06 pm

Apparantly, domestic flights can now serve food and drinks again.

SA Airlines may give you food and drinks again

Airlink: Meals and drinks will once again be served on Airlinks domestic flights from this Wednesday, 27 October 2021, following the withdrawal of restrictions under South Africas COVID-19 bio-security regulations.
konagirl2 and asnovici like this.

Last edited by HGOLI; Oct 25, 2021 at 2:07 pm Reason: Added Link
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yes the law changed on 22 Oct 21, with "(o) an Operator
(i) is allowed to provide pre-packed catering on-board the aircraft and must take all risk mitigation, health and safety measures to contain the spread of COVID-19"

SA Gov link
HGOLI likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by konagirl2
Yes the law changed on 22 Oct 21, with "(o) an Operator (i) is allowed to provide pre-packed catering on-board the aircraft and must take all risk mitigation, health and safety measures to contain the spread of COVID-19"
Yet another example of one of those wonderful regulations that's guaranteed to save a million lives or so.

Johan
konagirl2 and HGOLI like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici
Do any South African airlines provide food and beverage service in domestic business class now? It was banned but is it back? Flight is JNB CPT and we are trying to see if any of the airlines flying that route offers normal service.
This isn't a flight (based on duration) that I'd "spring" for business class. It's relatively short (compared to long haul(s) from DFW to SA). And, given the uncertainties, I wouldn't do it b/c you'll likely be disappointed.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Hi. I can def say YES they are. I flew CPT-JNB this week in biz on SA Airlink and they served a meal. You were given the choice between two entrees, served on one tray and the tray also had a cheese/fruit plate, the entree, a cookie and beverage. I'm sorry I don't recall if there was a salad but YES it was def a meal and I was on the 14:00 departure. Safe travels! Oh, and the lil boxed chocolate was SO good!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.