Wiki Posts
Search

VFA-CPT Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
VFA-CPT Help

I’d like to book VFA-CPT on 25 July 2018. It appears that only Full Fare Y is showing as available on SA 8691 (only nonstop). Will this open up closer to booking?

On the other hand, I could also book an award flight thru JNB, I have plenty of AA,DL,UA,UR miles that I can use.

Finally, is their any chance I could add it to my TATL flights at a lower cost. My TATL flights are in J but it appears to be Y only on this flight.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:02 am

If you are flexible, KQ also fly VFA-CPT 3 times a week, and LVI-CPT the other 4 days.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Seby12

Finally, is their any chance I could add it to my TATL flights at a lower cost. My TATL flights are in J but it appears to be Y only on this flight.

You can always ask, but my recent experience booking TATL was that adding an intra-africa leg (JNB-LVI and CPT-JNB) to the beginning/end of those flights didn't increase cost (or was very small), but an internal one-way in the middle (Maun-Capetown) was the same added cost either with those tickets or separately.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Consider using your miles if ticket are available. Also check round-trip prices as those may be cheaper than one-way tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.