Air Namibia

Old Mar 8, 18, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Alaska
Air Namibia

Looking at flying Air Namibia from WDH to FRA. Has anyone flown this route?

I read that Air Namibia is also having financial issues, can anyone speak to that?
Old Mar 8, 18, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by cadre_78 View Post
Looking at flying Air Namibia from WDH to FRA. Has anyone flown this route?

I read that Air Namibia is also having financial issues, can anyone speak to that?
Not flown this route, but I see their big-bird parked out front in the evenings as connecting passengers arrive into Windhoek.
There have been some controversies in the past about Air Namibia operations and financial concerns are there, but they continue flying...
Old Mar 8, 18, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Only information I have is a good few years old. It can be fastest route to Namibia, from many parts of Europe, but service was described as stingy to say the least. One colleague, who flew with them in economy, complained they announced closure of the bar service soon after the main meal was served. On balance, I would consider flying with them if our corporate TA provides a competitive option (caveat: I would sometimes have the options is business class, given the distance).
Enjoy Namibia. Whatever your reasons for travel, it is a lovely and quite distinctive country to visit.
Old Mar 9, 18, 4:37 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond, Mileage Plan member, HHonors Gold
I Fly SW a bit but only intra-Africa, mainly LAD to WDH and vice versa. They are fine. Bit chaotic in LAD (but much better than DT) and OK in WDH. FRA would be a flagship route so I would imagine would be OK. I would have no qualms in flying them but then again I fly on lots of "dodgy" African airlines. They are better than most. I personally attribute more of the problems at WDH to the airport authority, NAC, than SW,
Old Mar 10, 18, 2:42 am

We flew on the route from FRA to WDH in December in business class. It was fine, service pleasant, and reasonably priced for the distance traveled, and an efficient way to get to Namibia rather than transit through JNB.
Old Mar 17, 18, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cadre_78 View Post
Air Namibia responds to viability allegations

Johan
Old Apr 3, 18, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, AmEx Cent, Misc Hotel Bling, Moms love me
I have reservations in two weeks, and party line from the gov is they are a vital part of the economy and the government will continue to support them. We'll see...

Search this Thread