Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yachting in Seychelles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Yachting in Seychelles

Hi all, I'm new here and am hoping you guys could give me some help.

I'm surprising my wife with a trip to the Seychelles in the middle of August. We'll be spending 6 nights, though our flight arrives very late, so the trip is effectively 5 nights.

As part of the trip, I'm considering booking a 3 night By The Cabin yacht charter through Dream Yacht Charters. The specific itinerary starts in Mahe, goes to La Digue and ends in Praslin....seems like a great alternative way to see several islands on a tight timeline. So, on to my questions!

1) I understand that seas can be lively in August. Is this something I should be concerned about on a yacht? I'd hate for either of us to get sea sick, though neither of us tend to get motion sickness.
2) has anyone had experience with Dream Yacht Charters or this type of cruise in the Seychelles? If so, what did you think? I'm having difficulty finding reviews of the company and this seems like a red flag.
3) anything you guys think I should consider before booking?

Thanks for the help!!
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Isavethings
Hi all, I'm new here and am hoping you guys could give me some help.

I'm surprising my wife with a trip to the Seychelles in the middle of August. We'll be spending 6 nights, though our flight arrives very late, so the trip is effectively 5 nights.

As part of the trip, I'm considering booking a 3 night By The Cabin yacht charter through Dream Yacht Charters. The specific itinerary starts in Mahe, goes to La Digue and ends in Praslin....seems like a great alternative way to see several islands on a tight timeline. So, on to my questions!

1) I understand that seas can be lively in August. Is this something I should be concerned about on a yacht? I'd hate for either of us to get sea sick, though neither of us tend to get motion sickness.
2) has anyone had experience with Dream Yacht Charters or this type of cruise in the Seychelles? If so, what did you think? I'm having difficulty finding reviews of the company and this seems like a red flag.
3) anything you guys think I should consider before booking?

Thanks for the help!!
Welcome to Flyertalk, Isavethings
I have had the pleasure of seeing the Seychelles on a small yacht-like cruise ship and it was a glorious experience. I believe our trip was in the fall. In my opinion, a yacht or small cruise ship is the ideal way to experience the islands. The prices of the hotels are very very expensive. I am not familiar with Dream Yacht Charters. We sailed on the Sea Dream (formerly Sea Goddess). It was perfect. Perhaps you should contact a travel agent and see if there are cruises on small yacht-type ships which would be available . The waters were very very calm. I can't think of a nicer gift. Good luck. I suggest taking a look at the Luxury Hotels Forum on Flyertalk. There are several discussions on the Seychelles. Go to Luxury Hotels Forum. Next, Search Forum. Type in Seychelles.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Hi obscure....thanks for the welcome and reply!

I looked at Sea Dream and it appears to be a slightly larger ship! That would be an ideal way to cruise the islands, but unfortunately, it appears that they no longer sail Seychelles. The boat I'm looking at is a bit smaller (82 foot, 24 cabin catamaran). That said, would your opinion change given your experience? Sorry, but I can't post the link to the site yet

Thanks again!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:26 pm

Dream Yachts

Originally Posted by Isavethings
Hi obscure....thanks for the welcome and reply!

I looked at Sea Dream and it appears to be a slightly larger ship! That would be an ideal way to cruise the islands, but unfortunately, it appears that they no longer sail Seychelles. The boat I'm looking at is a bit smaller (82 foot, 24 cabin catamaran). That said, would your opinion change given your experience? Sorry, but I can't post the link to the site yet

Thanks again!
Just returned from chartering a DreamYacht in the Caribbean. Ended up with a 44' cat, but not at first. They gave us a sloop (as ordered) which had a diesel leak not only smelling but making everyone very ill. We returned it to the harbour and insisted on a new boat (they kept trying to tell us that they had fixed the leak, but that was soooooo not true!) Anyway, they put us on a cat in the harbor for one night, and then another the next which we then took out for about 9 days. (this was originally supposed to be a 14 day adventure). I think that each marina may have different management and therefore you may have a completely different (better?) experience.
However, I certainly hope that you are an experienced sailor, as it takes quite a bit to run a large catamaran!
Best!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.