Cape Town Zero Day Worries?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cape Town Zero Day Worries?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS
Pushed out to 2019
A few ‘IFs” in the reporting, but good news anyway.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I like the advice about tourists not avoiding Cape Town. I am less convinced about touting a few, pretty expensive hotels with deep pockets. The average B&B is probably doing as much to conserve water - at considerably greater inconvenience. They deserve to be supported as much as the big chain hotels.
I agree, and we booked.

I have a pile of hotel points to burn, so we are staying at the Hilton Cape Town City Centre. I rang the Duty Manager who was very reassuring. Without the points, we would probably have gone the B&B route (taking your point).
Cheetah_SA likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by JErCI
Seriously, major gastro bug doing the rounds and local pharmacies are blaming on the mains water, the city however says it’s fine 🙃
The water is perfectly fine. City and independent labs do daily water quality tests.
Stomach bugs going round are more likely due to decreased hand washing and food hygiene as a result of water restrictions than anything in the water.
Please use tap water for all your drinking needs, that keeps a huge amount of plastic waste out of our landfills and/or oceans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.