Wiki Posts
Search

Places to stay in West Africa

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Places to stay in West Africa

Hi,

I have a trip to West Africa next February, specifically Togo, Ghana, and Benin. The capitals are easy to plan, but does anyone know of places to stay in the Northern parts of those countries? I will be driving through all of them, essentially doing a big circle to/from Lome.

Thanks,
Peter
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:20 am
Suspended

Hi,

There are some places are fine in the Northen parts of those countries:

Lomo
Côté Sud
Hotel Napoleon Lagune
Hôtel Belle-Vue
Hôtel Coco Beach
Hotel Ghis Palace
Four Villages Inn
Hotel du Lac
Benin Royal Hotel

These are very attractive and charming places in those countries.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ShobhitaS
Hi,

There are some places are fine in the Northen parts of those countries:

Lomo
Côté Sud
Hotel Napoleon Lagune
Hôtel Belle-Vue
Hôtel Coco Beach
Hotel Ghis Palace
Four Villages Inn
Hotel du Lac
Benin Royal Hotel

These are very attractive and charming places in those countries.

Thanks for the response! However, most of those are in Lome or the other cities and I am all set with those locations. Looking for places in the Northern parts of Ghana, Togo, and Benin.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Want to revamp this - nobody has any recommendations for places to stay outside of the capitals?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by pstm91
Want to revamp this - nobody has any recommendations for places to stay outside of the capitals?
Never been to Norrhern Togo but have been to Northern Ghana and Benin - I found it easier to just turn up and figure out accommodations upon arrival (exceptions being Mole and Pendjari National Parks). I ways always able to find acceptable accommodations. Accommodations rarely fill up in that part of the world and it gives you maximum flexibility to alter your itinerary should the need arise.
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Smile

Originally Posted by pstm91
Hi,

I have a trip to West Africa next February, specifically Togo, Ghana, and Benin. The capitals are easy to plan, but does anyone know of places to stay in the Northern parts of those countries? I will be driving through all of them, essentially doing a big circle to/from Lome.

Thanks,
Peter
How was your trip?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Trip was great! [MENTION=10085]dls25[/MENTION] was correct - simply turning up was the way to go. Considering I saw a total of about 10 tourists the entire time in Togo, there was never an issue getting a room. I'd look at what was around in various places before hand and kind of make a call that way. But accommodations were totally fine and exceeded my expectations. Only got a little iffy one night up near Sokodé, but that's a long story.

Definitely recommend!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.