Community
Wiki Posts
Search

walking to LOS...

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 4:03 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
walking to LOS...

It's been a while since I've been - can anyone tell me how walkable Airport Road is? I'll be staying at the Ibis Airport, and with an 8:45am flight I'm thinking about walking to the airport. I'm not asking for a security assessment, more just the physical ease of that walk, looks like about 3km straight down Airport Rd.

Thanks
Old May 17, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: IC.Spire Amb. Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
It's been a while since I've been - can anyone tell me how walkable Airport Road is? I'll be staying at the Ibis Airport, and with an 8:45am flight I'm thinking about walking to the airport. I'm not asking for a security assessment, more just the physical ease of that walk, looks like about 3km straight down Airport Rd.

Thanks
The first half of the walk(about a mile and half) will be hectic, No sidewalk, hawkers and curious onlookers.
If its dry, it will be dusty and you will inhale a lot of unhealthy exhaust fumes that is laden with (sulphur).
With rain, you will need rainboots. The next mile from the intersection of the road from the domestic airport is nicer with a covered walkway on the right side past the military checkpoint. Plan on about 45 minutes of uncomfortable walk or just take Uber.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:00 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by havepointswilltravel
The first half of the walk(about a mile and half) will be hectic, No sidewalk, hawkers and curious onlookers.
If its dry, it will be dusty and you will inhale a lot of unhealthy exhaust fumes that is laden with (sulphur).
With rain, you will need rainboots. The next mile from the intersection of the road from the domestic airport is nicer with a covered walkway on the right side past the military checkpoint. Plan on about 45 minutes of uncomfortable walk or just take Uber.
Perfect info, thanks for that. Not worried about curiousity and hawkers, but am about rain/mud, so will walk if dry and uber/cab if wet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.