Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple Entries and South African Immigration

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Multiple Entries and South African Immigration

I'm planning a RTW trip that will likely start in JNB. While I'm in SA, I'm considering taking numerous sidetrips to neighbouring countries, in addition to potentially flying to Reunion and back.

If I did that, is each entry to South Africa going to be judged as an individual entry, or are they used to people doing this? I'm assuming the former, but being refused re-entry on say, a day trip to Lesotho could be very inconvenient.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:19 am

My experience from earlier this year is you get a visitor's permit, which looks like this and in most cases is valid for 90 days, the first time you enter.

Then as long as that continues to be valid, they just check the date and you just get stamped in and out as and when you enter and leave. I came and went a few times.

I did not get a single question from an official at a South Africa border post and it was all very quick.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Excellent. Thank you!
Old Feb 20, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
My stamp is slightly different, but it is condition= "VAC" and is valid for 3 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.