Reload this Page >

A Week in South Africa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Week in South Africa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Have we met, or do you read minds?

The main issue would be the degree of fitness required for any cycling. Me, I'd go for 200k with 13,000ft of climbing. My wife? 5 miles, flat to downhill. Preferably power-assist.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Have we met, or do you read minds?

The main issue would be the degree of fitness required for any cycling. Me, I'd go for 200k with 13,000ft of climbing. My wife? 5 miles, flat to downhill. Preferably power-assist.
The bike ride part is about 6k flat to down hill. And anyone who wants can stop and get in the van anytime.

I had a nice day with DayTrippers last month, great guide, pickup/drop off at the hotel made it all easy.

You're gonna have a blast - it's a beautiful city/country.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
The bike ride part is about 6k flat to down hill. And anyone who wants can stop and get in the van anytime.

I had a nice day with DayTrippers last month, great guide, pickup/drop off at the hotel made it all easy.

You're gonna have a blast - it's a beautiful city/country.
Thanks, definitely looking forward to it! Well, not the long haul there with the final leg at the back of an LH 747.

On the Cape of Good Hope outing, what distance do you have to walk after no longer riding?

Hope the weather there is as nice as it is here today on the SF Peninsula!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Thanks, definitely looking forward to it! Well, not the long haul there with the final leg at the back of an LH 747.

On the Cape of Good Hope outing, what distance do you have to walk after no longer riding?

Hope the weather there is as nice as it is here today on the SF Peninsula!
The hike is about 3km from Good Hope to Cape Point. Beautiful vistas. Again, they'll let people ride in the van between the two.

Cape of Good Hope Trail

The Cape of Good Hope trail takes you along a well-maintained and marked boardwalk towards the famous Cape of Good Hope sign, located on the rocky shoreline far below. The trail is popular for its accessibility, and for the unsurpassed views over the pristine Diaz Beach and rugged western shoreline. Make your way all the way to the very end of the trail, and youll have reached the most southern point of the Cape Peninsula a perfect photo opportunity to prove that youve visited the most South Western corner of Africa.

Departs: Cape Point main parking area. Follow signs towards Cape of Good Hope.
Distance: +-3.5km, 2-3 hours return
Difficulty: Easy
http://capepoint.co.za/best-short-wa...nd-cape-point/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.