Wiki Posts
Search

Visa on arrival at LVI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Visa on arrival at LVI

I am travelling LHR - JNB - LVI on a UK passport. The Zambian High Commission in London makes no mention of being able to purchase a visa on arrival. I have read, but can no longer find, that the visa can be purchased at the airport.

Can anyone confirm this and whether credit cards are accepted as payment or is it cash. If cash only, are US$ ok?

Thanks people.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
VOA is cash only and I believe it's US$ only, you just go to the immigration counter as normal and they make it for you right there on the spot (so don't get a seat in the back of the plane or you'll be waiting a while). In 2014 I was able to get multiple entry visas (US & Japanese passport holders) on arrival, though supposedly they are only available at an embassy & border only issues single & double entry.

Double check TIMATIC to make sure UK passport is eligible, but being commonwealth I certainly can't imagine that you would be excluded when most of the rest of the developed world can do it.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: TK*G, KL, AB
Confirm what's been said above. British passport can get a visa on arrival. They ask for payment in USD. Now it's also possible to get the KAZA visa at LVI - giving you 30 days in Zambia and Zimbabwe, and you can cross the border as many times as you like without additional fees. However, if you leave Zambia+Zimbabwe, the visa expires. The only exception at the moment is that a day trip to Botswana via Kazungula - Kasane is allowed.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Thanks both - appreciate you taking the time.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
How much does this Kaza visa cost? Is it different for each country passport? I have a UK passport.

Thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by benberg2013
How much does this Kaza visa cost? Is it different for each country passport? I have a UK passport.

Thanks.
http://www.kazavisa.info/
http://www.kazavisa.info/index.php/a...abwe-visa-info
http://www.welcome.co.za/kaza-visa-faq/
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Thanks. So it is not possible to pre-order online...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.