Wiki Posts
Search

jnb arrival questions?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
jnb arrival questions?

The last time I arrived at JNB, I remember it was easy for me to get a cheap phone call but there was a long, long line to change American money for rands. Two quick questions: 1) Can I buy an adaptor there at the airport shops so I can plug in my various gadgets? (I have a converter but my "Africa" adaptor does not look right for South Africa so I'm afraid it won't work. It has two prongs not three.) I don't have time to order something online, I'm afraid I'm not that well organized, so I would like to buy something at the airport when I arrive before I'm whisked off on my tour. 2) ATM's at the airport...this is probably a silly question. They have 'em, right? I can just use my debit card instead of waiting in the long line like I did last time to change money? Thanks, all!!!!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: CO
Smile JNB

Yes you can buy the Adapter at the airport. Yes use the ATM to get money.
Main reason is fast and good rate also. If what you have has 2 large round pins it should work. If you are going to Kruger they have ATM's there and shops where you can buy an adapter also. I will be there in March 2012. Love going to RSA and Kruger.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peachfront
ATM's at the airport
Yeah, lots.

Once you are in the arrivals hall, your best bet is to go up one floor (look for the escalators on the left). All the major banks have branch offices located around the atrium, and all of them have several ATMs. For added safety, there is also a mobile police desk up there, which is usually manned.

Johan
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Thanks, all. This is very reassuring. Yes, one of our first stops is Kruger. Whoot!!!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Yeah, lots.
Two weeks ago however, every single ATM except a single one from ABSA was "out of service". The line was horrendous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.