Wiki Posts
Search

seychelles

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAexec Paltinum , Hilton Lifetime diamond, Marriot Titanium
seychelles

I am going on a honeymoon to they seychelles from aug 17-25. I have booked the hilton on the main island using all my accrued hilton points. anyone have any recomendations for places to eat, visit? visiting other islands?

We will be doing some scuba diving, but wanted to see what people know, good or bad.
Old May 30, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I'd suggest exploring other islands like Praslin and La Digue. I spent time on those islands and Mahe a few years ago and was severely underwhelmed by Mahe.

If you plan to hang out on the resort for a week, my understanding is that it is a wonderful resort. If not, I think you will miss out on much of what Seychelles offers by not leaving Mahe.

Trip advisor has reasonable recommendations for hotels if you plan to head to Praslin. La Digue is a good day trip, but you could stay there too
Old Jun 6, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: A few
definitely plan some time in praslin. anse lazio in the north is THE best beach i've been to in the world.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAexec Paltinum , Hilton Lifetime diamond, Marriot Titanium
ma91pmh

do you suggest praslin over la digue?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
We used Seychelles Travel and stayed at Denis Island and Lemuria. We used points to stay at the Hilton, which was fine, but we were really only transiting Mahe. Definitely consider using a travel agent--we stayed five nights on Denis with our fifth night free, and got a very good deal on Lemuria. Seychelles Travel prices in GBP, so the currency may work to your favor.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: A few
praslin is a larger island, more beaches to explore etc. we did not go to la digue so can't really comment but it looks beautiful

jgold what did you think of denis? it was 10 years ago but we were not that impressed. maybe things have gotten better. lemuria looks nice, we stayed in l'archipel on praslin which was beautiful

would love to go back one day, kind of hard from usa though
Old Jul 9, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
I thought Denis was very nice, and five days didn't feel like too long. It's not the most amazing place we've ever stayed, but we really enjoyed it as a get-away. The lunches are also very impressive; the dinners less so.

We enjoyed Lemuria a lot, although it is, for better or worse, a very large resort.

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
praslin is a larger island, more beaches to explore etc. we did not go to la digue so can't really comment but it looks beautiful

jgold what did you think of denis? it was 10 years ago but we were not that impressed. maybe things have gotten better. lemuria looks nice, we stayed in l'archipel on praslin which was beautiful

would love to go back one day, kind of hard from usa though
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; UA 1K
Resurrecting an old thread here. My wife and I are scheduled to travel to the Seychelles in November. We have 5 nights to see the islands and relax before heading to a family function in the UK. Currently, we are looking at staying on Praslin and making a day trips to see Mahe / other islands. Any thoughts on whether or not 5 nights is too long for Praslin? We are looking to avoid the mega resort atmosphere. We are both younger (under 40) and active so we'll likely split our time evenly between beach relaxing and exploring. Are there enough restaurants and things to see on Praslin to occupy 6 days? We are in the early stages of planning so open to any and all suggestions. Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM!
Originally Posted by porsche534
Resurrecting an old thread here. My wife and I are scheduled to travel to the Seychelles in November. We have 5 nights to see the islands and relax before heading to a family function in the UK. Currently, we are looking at staying on Praslin and making a day trips to see Mahe / other islands. Any thoughts on whether or not 5 nights is too long for Praslin? We are looking to avoid the mega resort atmosphere. We are both younger (under 40) and active so we'll likely split our time evenly between beach relaxing and exploring. Are there enough restaurants and things to see on Praslin to occupy 6 days? We are in the early stages of planning so open to any and all suggestions. Thanks.
Have not been myself yet, but we have a total of 9 nights in the Seychelles. We went through quite a hassle with award travel and the place we booked in Praslin ended up requiring 4 nights stay, so we are doing 4 in Praslin, 2 overnight on La Digue and 3 overnight on Mahe. Am also looking for advice/ tips/ etc.
Old May 27, 2012, 7:16 pm

I would highly recommend to visit Bird Island... Air Seychelles has a day trip once a week... on Wednesday in 2009...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.