Search

Premier service DUB-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2001, 3:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Premier service DUB-LAX

Has anyone travelled this route recently in Premier? I'm flying DUB-LAX this Sunday, and just wanted to get an idea of what the service is like. I know the economy service is better on this route than the other transatlantic ones - seatback TVs, etc., but is there any major difference in Premier? Can anyone recommend a good seat to request (might be too late for that!) Also flying JFK-DUB the following week, I guess I'll get to compare them then!

thanks,
star_world
Old Mar 29, 2001, 5:35 am

Generally this service is good with a very new A330 .

Last time I flew it there were no seatback TVs in economy and I don't think there are any even at this stage.

Seating on EI is like the old BA but with leather seats in Premier.

Best advantage is avoiding immigration at LAX by completing it in Dublin before hand. The flight starts in SNN and if you originate there the immigration crew come onboard at Dublin - you don't even have to get off the plane (usually) .

The best kept secret for dealing with US immigration.
Old Mar 29, 2001, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
We flew to SHH from LAX and back last Sept (see post on Sept, 2000 - sorry I don't know how to link it to my reply) on Premier.

The service and food were ok, and the seat was nice. However, my video wasn't working one way, and there wasn't other available seat for me to switch over too.

For the immigration part, I do have to admit the pre-clearance really makes exiting LAX fast. However, when we flew back from SHH via DUB to LAX, we did have to get off the plane to clear custom and then went back on the exact same plane!! The attentants asked us to take our carryon along w/ us, so we have to drag them down and up again. That was the only inconvenience. Otherwise, I personally prefer to go down and have a short walk myself.

Hope you have a good flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.