Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus Bos-Dub What should i expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005, 9:07 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I just booked a cheap fare on Aer Lingus from Boston to Dublin over the St.Patricks day holiday. I flew AL this past summer while in Europe and was more than satisfied in the fact the planes left and arrived on time and the seating was comfortable enough for coach class. What can I expect for service on a transatlantic flight? I have a window and aisle seat both ways which should be more comfortable. The website does not offer very much info other than flight #'s and timetables.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Well, the seating on the A330's is 2-4-2 so for travelling couples it is good, as you can have two seats together.

Seating is similar to their European services, with a 32" pitch. However they are cloth seats, not leather like their new short-haul A320's. Food is basic, a small salad to start, chicken or beef style main course, small desert and tea/coffee. You should also get a pre-landing snack. The whole experience is a little lacking, but I doubt you're expecting a fine dining experience in economy!

IFE depends on the plane. Some A330's have in seat IFE, some don't and still have screens overhead - so it could be an either/or situation. Crews can be anything from nowhere to be seen/miserable to friendly and on-the-ball.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 9:40 am

The less you expect the better - that way you won't be disappointed. EI has gone LCC - so no special treats in Y. Basic seat, meal and service. If you got a good fare then you have done well.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
punch yourself in the face and say thanks, repeat 20 times and check in for your flight

good luck as you will need it
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
colmc gives a fairly balanced view of the situation, unlike another contribution

The only thing I'd add is that inflight service often ceases for a long spell in the middle of the atlantic, so if you want drinks/snacks etc. while the lights are out, you'll need to go to the galley yourself.

It's all a shadow of its former self, but then again, fares are perhaps half what they were a decade ago in absolute terms, and perhaps a third in real terms - I think most people feel EI is a good VFM proposition.

If you want great service, then you know where BA is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.