Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Regulator caps seat capacity at Dublin Airport for winter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2024, 11:59 am
Original Poster

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2024/0507/1447847-regulator-caps-seat-capacity-at-dublin-airport-for-winter/

Although this was expected it now means cancellations will have to take place. It seems FR have already started and sending some notifications and Aer Lingus likely to follow.
Teplane, alserire and MM00LL2 like this.
Old May 7, 2024, 1:08 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Absolutely crazy decision. How is a piece of national infrastructure this important subject to such nonsense.

Was actually going to book a couple of flights tonight for End October/November. Better leave it now for a day or two.
DELLAS and andymcdonnell like this.
Old May 7, 2024, 1:50 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge, FB Plat
Hopefully we get some more destinations/flights from Cork than if there is capacity for aircraft/crew coming out of this, but I don't get my hopes up.
Old May 7, 2024, 2:52 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by sven60035
Hopefully we get some more destinations/flights from Cork than if there is capacity for aircraft/crew coming out of this, but I don't get my hopes up.
That’ll only happen if there’s demand. Otherwise it’ll just be aircraft sitting on the tarmac for the winter.
Old May 8, 2024, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by sven60035
I agree, the Cork offering is pitiful on a good day unless you want to fly to LHR. It's the EI offering at ORK that keeps my status with KLM!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.