Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Transferring AerClub Avios to British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I recently set up a British Airways Executive Club to manage my Avios. I would like to transfer some Avios I have on a separate, older AerClub account to my BA account. When I attempt to 'Combine my Avios' from the British Airways website, I follow the instructions and select the 'Avios Partners' program and sign in using my AerClub account details. However, the following error message arises: "Combine my Avios is not available at the moment. Please try again later.". I also tried to log into a central Avios account but I believe this website has gone down in recent months/years? Please could anyone help me figure out how I can transfer Avios from my AerClub account to my BA account?

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:30 pm

You cant at the moment the option to do this is unavailable due to the transition of systems. Hopefully it will be back in the next few weeks.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELLAS
You cant at the moment the option to do this is unavailable due to the transition of systems. Hopefully it will be back in the next few weeks.
Thanks for your response, after this I tried calling +44(0)3444933349 and they were able to transfer my Avios, so perhaps this is the best way to go about this.

Thanks again!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:47 pm

try using new browser. Also make sure all details match on both of the accounts , address etc , needs to be exactly the same
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rnavuc
try using new browser. Also make sure all details match on both of the accounts , address etc , needs to be exactly the same
Before calling I had tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox but none of these worked, and my account details (including address) were identical across accounts. Seems like it could just be a problem with the website but the Avios transfer was something they were able to do for me over the phone
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:16 pm

actually looking to sell some of my BA avios if you're interested in that at all , no worries if you're not
hmm thought this sounded familiar. Anybody used a miles broker before ?

I would add my word of warning trying to sell your avios and to people purchasing them but each to their own in terms of appetite for risk in these circumstances.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:37 pm

trying to combine some now but the link I used to use seems not up anymore? also no mention of it on BA website. How did you combine them what site ? and when did you do it ? thanks
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shay97
Thanks for your response, after this I tried calling +44(0)3444933349 and they were able to transfer my Avios, so perhaps this is the best way to go about this.

Thanks again!
trying to combine some now but the link I used to use seems not up anymore? also no mention of it on BA website. How did you combine them what site ? and when did you do it ? thanks
I wasn't able to do it on any website, I had to call the number quoted above (did it this morning) and they transferred it for me after I gave them my AerClub and British Airways Executive Club membership numbers
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by Shay97
I wasn't able to do it on any website, I had to call the number quoted above (did it this morning) and they transferred it for me after I gave them my AerClub and British Airways Executive Club membership numbers
Thanks for this info. I’m looking to move a bunch to BAEC. Did they book the flight for you too or was that a seperate rigmarole?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ferg01
Thanks for this info. I’m looking to move a bunch to BAEC. Did they book the flight for you too or was that a seperate rigmarole?
Hi, I'm afraid I was only looking to transfer Avios between accounts rather than book flights so can't speak to that, but you could always give it a try
ferg01 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:13 pm

alright thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. If they're doing it over the phone it means they still do it but just haven't added a section on the web for it yet
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:41 pm

I was able to use Iberia as a middleman to transfer between BA and Aer Lingus. Both transfers were initiated from the Iberia site. Tested with 1 Avios and it seemed to work and is showing on Aer Lingus reward site now.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 2:27 am

Transfers between AerClub and BAEC are working again on the BA site.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:28 am
Git

Programs: AC 35K, Hyatt Globalist
Are transfer times between AerClub and BAEC usually instant?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Git
Are transfer times between AerClub and BAEC usually instant?
Yes, it's always been instantaneous whenever I have transferred Avios between various accounts (BA/EI/IB/QR/VY)
DELLAS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.