Wiki Posts
Search

DUB-MAN-MCO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
DUB-MAN-MCO

Took advantage of the new rewards site, and my fairly decent number of Avios, to book the family MAN-MCO return in Business (start of June). I have yet to figure out the DUB-MAN bit, but Ryanair looking like the best option.
Not flown into MAN much - how much time should I plan for to transit the 4 of us?
Is it the 330's that fly MAN-MCO?
You don't get a seat selection option with the rewards bookings - can I contact the Concierge line and reserve seats that way?

Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:39 am

When I flew via MAN I flew over the night before and stayed at the airport hotel. I would give minimum 4 hours if doing separate flights.

You can call Aer Lingus to request seat numbers.
A330 operates MCO.
RMDrive likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:09 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
I called the Platinum line yesterday to have seats assigned to an Avios booking and they attempted to charge me. The agent was apologetic, saying "her screen mentioned nothing about free seat selection". Called the main EI line on +1 761 7834 straight after and there was no issue.

Just a heads up in case you run into problems with the Concierge folk.

Edit - just dawned on me that you are in J, so you should have no issue with fees regardless of line.
RMDrive likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:24 am

Called the Concierge line and no issue selecting a seat FOC .
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELLAS
When I flew via MAN I flew over the night before and stayed at the airport hotel. I would give minimum 4 hours if doing separate flights.

You can call Aer Lingus to request seat numbers.
A330 operates MCO.
Cheers. I can get 2.5 hours transit flying that morning ... but your suggestion of 4 hours has made me nervous. Surely with the latest check in for J, I should be OK?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RMDrive
Cheers. I can get 2.5 hours transit flying that morning ... but your suggestion of 4 hours has made me nervous. Surely with the latest check in for J, I should be OK?
What is your Plan B if your positioning flight is cancelled, or substantially delayed?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
What is your Plan B if your positioning flight is cancelled, or substantially delayed?
Probably to come on here and moan about how unfair the world is!

I get the message. Will aim to get over the night before. Thanks!

Seats booked with the Concierge line - very helpful. And even managed to snag the 2 thrones for the kids!
DELLAS likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:59 am

Trust me doing the night before was so hassle free then leisurely go to check in 3 hours before then enjoy the lounge . Sometimes its not worth it playing Russian roulette . Been there done that got stressed out . DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Airport is where I stayed.
RMDrive likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Trust me doing the night before was so hassle free then leisurely go to check in 3 hours before then enjoy the lounge . Sometimes its not worth it playing Russian roulette . Been there done that got stressed out . DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Airport is where I stayed.
Good advice, and a chance to use up some of those Hilton points I've been sitting on.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver IHG Diamond Ambassador Hilton Diamond
I am doing DUB MAN MCO in August. Can I use US preclearance in Dublin despite connecting in MAN?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:41 pm

No you can't, once you've pre-cleared US Immigration in DUB you're effectively on "US soil" as far as USCIS is concerned.

By travelling to another country you would effectively be leaving the United States so you would be required to clear Immigration again.
irishguy28 and alserire like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Jeedos
I am doing DUB MAN MCO in August. Can I use US preclearance in Dublin despite connecting in MAN?
The flight from Manchester will contain hundreds of passengers who have not just been to Dublin and have not been "precleared".

The flight from Manchester will therefore arrive at an international gate where the passengers have to go through the full US arrivals procedure (unlike the Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to MCO which will arrive at a domestic gate where the passengers just go straight to baggage reclaim).

Even if you could somehow use pre-clearance in Dublin ( you can't; only passengers flying directly to the US can use pre-clearance) how would that help you when you actually arrive in the US from Manchester? The plane won't first pull up at a domestic gate to let you, and only you, off the plane first before heading on to the international gate to let everyone else off. And nobody is going to intervene to pluck you out of the normal passenger flow so that you can get separated from your fellow pax and whisked directly to domestic arrivals.

If you choose to fly to MCO from MAN rather than from DUB, then you will have to undergo the full US arrivals procedure at MCO.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Good advice, and a chance to use up some of those Hilton points I've been sitting on.
Just know that the rooms at that property are rather small. We stayed in a Jr. Suite and it felt smaller than the size of a regular room at other hotels. The staff was very nice and the room service food was tasty, though.
RMDrive likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.