Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

CDG - DUB - ORD Connection with a baby

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Hello Everyone - My wife and I are taking a trip later this year with our to be just over 1 year old son. For our flight home from Paris, there are two options for the layover in Dublin, 1 hr and 15 mins or 4 hr and 15 mins. It's all on Aer Lingus and we all have US Global Entry. Is 1 hr 15 mins too tight? I'm not thrilled with the idea of waiting 4 hours, but also don't want to miss our connection.

Appreciate the advice!
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
If you book the 1hr and 15 minute connection and don’t make it because of the late arrival of the plane from CDG then they’ll put you on the next plane. So from that point of view there’s nothing to worry about. They’ll get you through USCBP quickly too if you’re running late.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Hi -- similar question. We are flying CDG-DUB-SFO. We are scheduled to arrive DUB at 11:05 and depart at 12:50. We both have Global Entry but it seems kind of tight -- I've never been through that airport before. I'm thinking we should pay extra to sit closer to the front on the CDG-DUB leg?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by cpworld
Hi -- similar question. We are flying CDG-DUB-SFO. We are scheduled to arrive DUB at 11:05 and depart at 12:50. We both have Global Entry but it seems kind of tight -- I've never been through that airport before. I'm thinking we should pay extra to sit closer to the front on the CDG-DUB leg?
I've done similar in the past with slightly less time scheduled in DUB and despite some delay with the gate still made it with time for a quick stop at 51st&green.

There were quite a few alternative ways to get to SFO later with a connection somewhere else in the US if it came down to it, but that wasn't needed.
cpworld likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:25 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by cpworld

With Global Entry you should be fine. If there’s a delay make it known to cabin crew you’re transferring. There’s a transfer lane in the terminal that will get you to pre clearance in minutes. And they’ll call for you to skip the queue if your departure time is approaching
cpworld likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.