Community
Wiki Posts
Search

D on Boarding Pass

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:44 am
Original Poster

D on Boarding Pass

I’ve recently checked in online for a Transatlantic flight departing Dublin tomorrow and my boarding pass (both in the app and on website) has the letter “D” printed on it.

Has anyone had this before or know what this means/stands for?

Many thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:43 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Its all good, it is security related for the US CPB folks

Lets just say not having D will slow you down
Doire89, alserire and RMDrive like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks ROKNA - feared it was along the lines of the dreaded SSSS!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:28 am

I think its D for Doire. I'm originally from Omagh and I always get a T on mine
Doire89 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:42 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
If SSSS arises you typically would not be able to check in online and have to check in at airport.

Its part of the streamlined security operating for CBP to improve flow and reduce congestion. Note also the new setup in T2 where US bound passengers are directed to specific queue for screening. All US bound passengers should go through a backscatter machine and hand luggage luggage through a 4D scanner
aaronirsh likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by ROKNA
If SSSS arises you typically would not be able to check in online and have to check in at airport.

Its part of the streamlined security operating for CBP to improve flow and reduce congestion. Note also the new setup in T2 where US bound passengers are directed to specific queue for screening. All US bound passengers should go through a backscatter machine and hand luggage luggage through a 4D scanner
There are no backscatter machines in DUB or anywhere else in the country, they've been banned in the EU since 2011.

It's also against EU law for anyone to be forced to go in a body scanner, you are entitled to request a hand search if you prefer.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I believe D stands for Departing Dublin and T stands for Transferring.

Passengers with T will need to undergo additional security screening in the basement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.