Search

EI -> EY interlining Q

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2023, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold, Amazon Prime
EI -> EY interlining Q

3 Q's.

I have an EY C ticket (X-AUH-X-DUB). The final leg to DUB is on EI Y, LHR-DUB. On the return, it begins with an EI Y segment, DUB-AMS. The ticket was booked on EY's website, EY ticket stock etc, but I can't find anything that states EY and EI are interline partners for the bags.

- Does anyone know if they are, i.e. no issues w/ bags checking through on both directions?
- On the return will my EY C baggage allowance rule, vs EI Y rules
- Does anyone know if I can use my EY C BP for the following AMS-AUH flight, to get into the East lounge in DUB?
Old Nov 26, 2023, 2:59 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EI and EY have interline agreements so through checked

Luggage allowance is per the longest segment so the full EY allowance, but this will likely require attendance at a staffed check in desk and not the self service machines

No access to EI's lounges at any point, anything else is a question for EY
Old Nov 26, 2023, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, ITA Club Executive, Mucci
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
- Does anyone know if they are, i.e. no issues w/ bags checking through on both directions?
- On the return will my EY C baggage allowance rule, vs EI Y rules
- Does anyone know if I can use my EY C BP for the following AMS-AUH flight, to get into the East lounge in DUB?
1. Your bags will be checked through in both directions without any issues whatsoever.

2. The baggage allowance for the longest flights apply, therefore it will be the EY C allowance.

3. I don't believe you can do this, but it is worth asking. You can just pay in to this lounge now, as Dublin Airport have added it to their lounges you can pay for, whereas previously it was just reserved for C passengers.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
1. Your bags will be checked through in both directions without any issues whatsoever.

2. The baggage allowance for the longest flights apply, therefore it will be the EY C allowance.

3. I don't believe you can do this, but it is worth asking. You can just pay in to this lounge now, as Dublin Airport have added it to their lounges you can pay for, whereas previously it was just reserved for C passengers.
Thanks. On #1 and #2 that's what I suspected (and hoped). On #3, the Loungebuddy app says I do have access with my EY AMS-AUH BP, but I am often suspicious on what it says. I wish they had an email I could ask in advance.

I have access to the T1 and T2 lounges via Priority Pass, but kinda wanted to try the East to spice things up a bit - plus I'd imagine the food offerings are superior.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
No. You won't have access to any EI lounge because all of your EI flights are in Economy and, at Dublin, you won't have access to the East Lounge because you are departing on EI in Y rather than EY in J.
MDTyKe likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
No. You won't have access to any EI lounge because all of your EI flights are in Economy and, at Dublin, you won't have access to the East Lounge because you are departing on EI in Y rather than EY in J.
That's what I expected - I'll have EY BP, but it'd be for the next segment (same ticket etc). Loungebuddy disagrees, but as I said I don't always trust it!
Old Dec 7, 2023, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I assume in DUB I won't get FastTrack either, with my EY C BP, since it's for the AMS-AUH-X segment, right?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:52 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Correct, that said Dublin security and in particularly T2 is normally extremely efficient

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.