Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2023, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Not seeing avios availbility

Anyone able to find short haul avios availability on Aer Lingus either on avios.com or BA website? I cannot find any on any dates when normally there is loads.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, ITA Club Executive, Mucci
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Anyone able to find short haul avios availability on Aer Lingus either on avios.com or BA website? I cannot find any on any dates when normally there is loads.
You might want to tell us your route and dates - it would be easier to answer your question then.
alserire likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
You might want to tell us your route and dates - it would be easier to answer your question then.
It looks like there is no availability for the next 2 months on any route(at least short haul). Try NOC-LHR for example, before Dec 5th(2 months from now) I cannot find a single day with availability. On or after Dec 5th, I cannot see a single day without availability. Other routes e.g. DUB-LHR are the same.

Perhaps Aer Lingus have decided to no longer allow avios redemptions within 2 months or perhaps, more likely, this is an IT issue. Ill try phoning them.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
It looks like there is no availability for the next 2 months on any route(at least short haul). Try NOC-LHR for example, before Dec 5th(2 months from now) I cannot find a single day with availability. On or after Dec 5th, I cannot see a single day without availability. Other routes e.g. DUB-LHR are the same.

Perhaps Aer Lingus have decided to no longer allow avios redemptions within 2 months or perhaps, more likely, this is an IT issue. Ill try phoning them.
It's entirely possible it's a system glitch to do with the upgrade that happened (last week?).

It definitely wouldn't be a change to say you need to book outside of 2 months
Enigma368 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
It's entirely possible it's a system glitch to do with the upgrade that happened (last week?).

It definitely wouldn't be a change to say you need to book outside of 2 months
My tier points were overstated following upgrades.

Wishful thinking EI had gifted me 100+ tier points 😄. I also received you've retained your concierge email.

It seems they've spotted the error and yesterday adjusted my tier points down.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
yeap, something definitely screwy with avios short haul. No redemption flights for BHD->BHX on emerald either via BA or Avios.com for Nov.

But pick literally any day you like on united.com for the same flights using united miles.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 5:24 am

Award availability

I'm trying to book a GLA-DUB return for next month, and I can't find any availability. Is this normal? I thought I remembered this being an easy route to get awards, but I haven't gotten one in a year or so.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by giblet
I'm trying to book a GLA-DUB return for next month, and I can't find any availability. Is this normal? I thought I remembered this being an easy route to get awards, but I haven't gotten one in a year or so.
With one way flights pricing up at £32 odd on that route, why would you waste the Avios? I can only assume the day you're flying, the prices are high?

Don't know why there's no availability though, so can't help you there, I'm afraid!
Old Oct 28, 2023, 9:44 am

The flights I want are are around ~£260, seems like a lot for 30-minute flights. I have Avios that are about to expire so I thought I might as well use them for this. I checked from Edinburgh as well, they also have no availability.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 10:25 am

There may well be a sporting event on in Glasgow at those prices.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 5:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Life, EI Concierge, BA Silver
I was looking this evening for London this week coming and not a single seat on any flight on EI - all BA availability - so there might be something going on....
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:57 am

There is definitely something going on. I had planned flights from BHX-DUB-BHX September 2024. Availability was showing as 5 seats per flight on every flight throughout the day. Tried to book last week and whilst payment went through the avios didn’t and booking failed. Tried to book this morning and availability is only on the last flight of each day in question, with 8 seats on this flights. This is absolutely no use for me. Our flight gets in at 1000 from ORD. I really didn’t want to have to wait until 1900 for the last leg
Old Oct 29, 2023, 1:14 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Been going on for quite a qhile, initially discussed on this thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-...ailbility.html
Old Oct 30, 2023, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by tangey
Been going on for quite a qhile, initially discussed on this thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-...ailbility.html

Last edited by giblet; Oct 30, 2023 at 5:29 am Reason: Removed because now I can see them on UA.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by gjc31
There is definitely something going on. I had planned flights from BHX-DUB-BHX September 2024. Availability was showing as 5 seats per flight on every flight throughout the day. Tried to book last week and whilst payment went through the avios didn’t and booking failed. Tried to book this morning and availability is only on the last flight of each day in question, with 8 seats on this flights. This is absolutely no use for me. Our flight gets in at 1000 from ORD. I really didn’t want to have to wait until 1900 for the last leg
I’ve worked out why I can’t see any availability. Whereas until recently there were up to 5 seats available per flight, there is now only *1* seat per daytime flight and 8 seats on the last flight of the day 😐. I tried ringing them but got cut off 😡

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.