Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EI pricing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2023, 1:20 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Gold, NH Platinum
Sitting in 1A on EI482 to LIS, 3 other AerSpace seats empty - rest of flight full.

I got the seat for the “cheapest” €179 and I think you could have had the second one for that price (but I booked it 2 days earlier). Again, all other fares were dearer so it’s quite possible that people don’t realise the value of AerSpace over say Plus.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe they may have actually reduced the price of AerSpace 2 days before departure as I’m 99% sure it was €50+ dearer a day earlier. I wonder if they are realising that the seats aren’t selling.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge, FB Plat
As there is a risk that my flight today gets canceled due to the storm, I looked at prices for ORK to AMS tomorrow and wow Aerspace is just slightly more expensive than saver but cheaper than plus/advantage.

alserire likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:12 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Thats the sweet spot, where no one is flying Aer Space and there is good demand in Y
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Thats the sweet spot, where no one is flying Aer Space and there is good demand in Y
Plus, it's 50 Tier points for 183 Euros.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
If Aer Space is now showing up on corporate booking systems as business class I can’t see it lasting much longer. Most corporate travel policies will prohibit it on that basis. I’m not sure though how much of a selling point it is for transatlantic connections in J.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, ITA Club Executive, Mucci
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
If Aer Space is now showing up on corporate booking systems as business class I can’t see it lasting much longer. Most corporate travel policies will prohibit it on that basis. I’m not sure though how much of a selling point it is for transatlantic connections in J.
I don't think it's a "selling point" for transatlantic connections in J. My understanding from various forums and so on was that it was brought in so that transatlantic J customers on connections would not suddenly be asked to pay for food and drink and be sat down the back on their connecting flight. It was to make the product more seamless for them. Selling the seats was only supposed to be for when those connecting pax were not on board to use up the seats.
Kgmm77 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:55 am

Albeit I’m on a BA ticket but flying DUB-LHR-JFK in J next month with the DUB-LHR on EI & they wouldn’t seat me in AerSpace, instead putting me in row 2. I’m not overly bothered but if AerSpace is now “business” I’d have thought I should’ve ended up there
alserire likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Albeit I’m on a BA ticket but flying DUB-LHR-JFK in J next month with the DUB-LHR on EI & they wouldn’t seat me in AerSpace, instead putting me in row 2. I’m not overly bothered but if AerSpace is now “business” I’d have thought I should’ve ended up there
it’s staggering sometimes how non-integrated IAG airlines are on cash bookings, particularly given all the efforts to pool the reward businesses.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ITA Club Executive, Mucci
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
it’s staggering sometimes how non-integrated IAG airlines are on cash bookings, particularly given all the efforts to pool the reward businesses.
Yes, and what would the next logical step be in this area?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Yes, and what would the next logical step be in this area?
In an ideal world I’d suggest integrating systems so that a BA booking involving an EI leg (and vice versa) doesn’t automatically fall foul of online seat selection, baggage etc. etc. However, we already know these systems barriers are the reason why OneWorld didn’t work first time around and why it will need to be solved before membership is granted again.
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 9:51 am

Something is clearly wrong with EI pricing.

I had an AMS-ORK in Aerspace for which I paid 183.37 but I needed to move it to Tuesday, with the lowest Aerspace fare for new bookings showing as 313.05, prepared to eat the price difference instead all EI wanted from me is a whopping 3.40 Euro's.

So, I checked other days and all are more expensive than what I paid but when I go to change the ticket all they want for any, independent what the price is shown for a new booking the fare difference is is 3.40 Euro.

I also did a change on Thursday to Friday which came to 3.40 Euro too but did not check the prices than but already was wondering how that is so cheap.

Nice discount in my case and hopefully there is no last minute surprises.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:39 am

This morning's AMS-ORK - me the only person in row 1 with 86 other passengers in the plane.

Also, the flight crew mentioned that the evening flights might be gone soon because of the light load and even the cheap prices not getting load.

I mean KLM get's their small planes full with connecting passengers and charges significant high fares if you just want to do ORK-AMS (next Friday, the cheapest eco ticket is 276 Euro or 311 Euro if you need a bag while EI gets you over for 183.37 in Aerspace or 205 Euro in Saver (seriously Airspace cheaper than Saver).

God I am going to miss the evening flights if they really are gone.
irishguy28 and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sven60035
I mean KLM get's their small planes full with connecting passengers and charges significant high fares if you just want to do ORK-AMS (next Friday, the cheapest eco ticket is 276 Euro or 311 Euro if you need a bag while EI gets you over for 183.37 in Aerspace or 205 Euro in Saver (seriously Airspace cheaper than Saver).

God I am going to miss the evening flights if they really are gone.
That really would be a shame. EI's schedule on AMS-ORK has really taken a battering since KLM moved in...despite KLM's higher prices! Aer Lingus used to have 2 flights a day, but they've stopped flying on Saturdays for some time now, and the Tuesday night flight has been gone for a while. KLM have been pretty consistent with their 2 daily flights, though they did cancel the second flight for all of last winter's season; this year, I've not noticed any cancellations from KLM on the route.

AMS-ORK is my most-flown route, but I have almost totally abandoned EI. I'm Platinum with KLM and I'm lucky enough to be able to generally book far in advance, so even though KLM is consistently more expensive, it's not at a level where I see paying a cheaper fare on Aer Lingus as being worthwhile. I will never again have status with EI and the current iteration of AerClub, given their steadfast refusal to give Tier Credits for even BA flights, let alone any/all of the other IAG airlines - so it makes sense for me to put as much flying on KLM (where it will all help with requalification) rather than Aer Lingus (where it won't get me anywhere), while with KLM I have lounge access at both ends and a free checked-in bag if I need it (though I rarely do). If I have a last-minute need to dash home, there's always the option of using Avios (I have tons of them).
sven60035, alserire and mccartje like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.