Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

DUB security and pre clearance in oct 23

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2023, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

What is Dublin airport security and USA pre clearance like currently out of T2? Must one actually arrive 3 hours early for a 9am flight? With business class ticket and/or star alliance gold any benefits to get through?
Old Oct 21, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
What is Dublin airport security and USA pre clearance like currently out of T2? Must one actually arrive 3 hours early for a 9am flight? With business class ticket and/or star alliance gold any benefits to get through?
Depends on time. If your flight is at 9 a.m. you’ll be arriving between 6 and 7 a.m. which will be busy but not overly so. Yes business class ticket will get you fast track. Star Alliance does not. I stand to be corrected but Business does get you through USCBP secondary security a little quicker but it doesn’t let you skip the line when it comes to speaking with an officer.

CBP works very smoothly these days and as your flight is likely the first one of the day to the US you should sail through. They also actively discourage people from heading to CBP before being called via screens in the terminal. I’d still be at the airport by 7 though. Earlier if checking in bags.
txaggiemiles likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alserire
Depends on time. If your flight is at 9 a.m. you’ll be arriving between 6 and 7 a.m. which will be busy but not overly so. Yes business class ticket will get you fast track. Star Alliance does not. I stand to be corrected but Business does get you through USCBP secondary security a little quicker but it doesn’t let you skip the line when it comes to speaking with an officer.

CBP works very smoothly these days and as your flight is likely the first one of the day to the US you should sail through. They also actively discourage people from heading to CBP before being called via screens in the terminal. I’d still be at the airport by 7 though. Earlier if checking in bags.
Thank you! Any good clubs/places to enjoy if I get through it all quickly?
Old Oct 22, 2023, 12:58 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
Thank you! Any good clubs/places to enjoy if I get through it all quickly?
Unfortunately not. The post CBP area is sterile and doesn’t have much bar the 51st and Green lounge, which is nice and you get access with a business ticket. But other than that there’s nothing bar a couple of shops selling magazines and snacks.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alserire
Unfortunately not. The post CBP area is sterile and doesn’t have much bar the 51st and Green lounge, which is nice and you get access with a business ticket. But other than that there’s nothing bar a couple of shops selling magazines and snacks.
Went through earlier this morning. Arrived at DUB at 6:40am for a 9:20am flight. It was WAY more than I needed. Security was an absolute breeze - I didnt have to remove any electronics or liquids at all. I milled around for a bit before going to PreClear, and that was also quick with Global Entry, the regular line was longer but not obscenely so. The 51 club was fine, I had a little bite and a coffee. Anyway, just thought I would report that it was no issue of course Murphy's law had I not drug myself out of bed at 5:00am and gotten going early it probably would have been different.
RMDrive and alserire like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.