Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus Award Flight - additional bag?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Hi there,

we have a flight (BOS-DUB-HAM) within the next weeks and I am wondering how we can add extra baggage.

As I understand, we have 1 x 20 kg per person, 1 x 10 kg in cabin + personal item (on both flight? Thats hard to find out either).

There're informations that I can add extra baggage 4 hrs prior departure, but how? I cannot manage avios.com flight online and I am not able to call the hotline from here.

What are the costs at the airport?

Thanks!!
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by kanexxz
Hi there,

we have a flight (BOS-DUB-HAM) within the next weeks and I am wondering how we can add extra baggage.

As I understand, we have 1 x 20 kg per person, 1 x 10 kg in cabin + personal item (on both flight? Thats hard to find out either).

There're informations that I can add extra baggage 4 hrs prior departure, but how? I cannot manage avios.com flight online and I am not able to call the hotline from here.

What are the costs at the airport?

Thanks!!
Website says $100 at the airport versus maybe 75 online or so (or though not sure how this works out on a connecting itinerary). And your current allowance will be for both flights.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
No idea how to do this

But if its BOS-DUB-HAM, its 23kg, 1 x 10 kg in cabin + personal item on all flights as you get the long haul allowance
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:48 am

When you come to do OLCI on a redemption all on EI it usually gives the option to add more bags

Best option is to call them as they can do it and take payment in the call center via Skype or similar can be called worldwide. 1800 IRISH AIR
Old Dec 12, 2022, 4:56 am
Original Poster

There're so many confusing informations.

On the ticket, it says

BAGGAGE & SEAT INFORMATION
A 20kg bag is included on your Avios reward flight, but it is possible to purchase a seat preference, an additional bag or special equipment by
contacting Aer Lingus [https://www.aerlingus.com/support/contact-us/] directly up to 4 hours before departure. Avios bookings cannot be managed
on aerlingus.com
if I logon to aerlingus.com to manage my booking, it says:

Boston to Dublin
1 x 23kg checked bag

Dublin to Hamburg
10kg bag dropped off at check-in
23kg in 1 Checked Bag(s)
but not allowing me to add anything, but refers to this site, which has another information about baggage:

https://www.aerlingus.com/prepare/ba...lantic-flights

Ths avios.com contact doesnt help, neither the aerlingus.com chat does. Will try to call them if I can.. that's weird at all.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELLAS
When you come to do OLCI on a redemption all on EI it usually gives the option to add more bags

Best option is to call them as they can do it and take payment in the call center via Skype or similar can be called worldwide. 1800 IRISH AIR
That's not working, tryed that for my dad's flight a few days ago, it just ignores the amount of bags added there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.