Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aircraft change - 321Neo-320 - Aerspace question?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft change - 321Neo-320 - Aerspace question?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Well there is no row 1 on 321LR so whoever got seats 1ABCD either
1. Managed to get an agent to move them
2. Someone in HQ selected the 4 to be assigned 1ABCD
3. First come first served at in person check in and hope for no show/misconnect
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:57 am

Same thing happened me on Dec 6th to CDG

Same thing happened me on 06 Dec to CDG. Aircraft change and was plonked into row 2, no empty middle seat although there was sufficient empty seats on board so they could have offered this.

Customer service so far are unable to understand the issue at all, dealing with a "Josie". Currently our exchange is three emails in and so far not a piece of sense has been spoken.

On board the staff didn't even automatically recognise I was AerSpace. So I had to demand a free coffee from them. I got it, but found it embarrassing to actually have to point out that I should not need to pay for it.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Try the EC261 downgrade of class of travel, you can't be in Aer Space if in row 2
Old Dec 25, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
This is a recurrent problem and is very poor. EI’s systems should be able to handle this kind of thing. They operated convertible EuroBusiness for years until 2002, so that functionality should still be there. I presume they dont load the seat map with rows 1-4 blocked because they don’t consider AerSpace to be a separate class of travel and they like selling seat selection near the front for a premium? You’d think the extra seats on the 186Y A32N would give them that flexibility compared to the 174Y CEO’s, at least while they have a mixed fleet. But then they charge Economy APD for AerSpace ex-UK, rightly or wrongly, so they must consider it Economy.

Someone at EI does need to get a grip on small things like how AerSpace refreshments work, how Avios bookings are done online, what baggage and seat selections are included and how AerSpace passengers are re-accommodated when there is an aircraft change. None of this would cost money to implement, just a few hours to sit down and run through the customer journey from booking to collecting baggage. They would probably save money with fewer call centre contacts and complains after travel.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Try the EC261 downgrade of class of travel, you can't be in Aer Space if in row 2

Will this really work?
Old Jan 7, 2023, 12:09 pm

snn-jfk is taking a winter break for for 7 to 8 weeks
what route is the spare 321 likely to be deployed
Old Jan 7, 2023, 1:37 pm

Heavy maintenance check cover so don't expect any up-gauging

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.