Wiki Posts
Search

AERSPACE Refund Rules

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
AERSPACE Refund Rules

I am considering booking MUC-DUB in October using their AERSPACE fare. I need a totally refundable fare. On the booking screen it says this fare is "Eligible for a cash refund (less fees)" but doesn't say what the fees are. When I view the fare rules for this fare it says "Full refund when cancelled prior to departure time". So which is it. Are there fees for canceling?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I am considering booking MUC-DUB in October using their AERSPACE fare. I need a totally refundable fare. On the booking screen it says this fare is "Eligible for a cash refund (less fees)" but doesn't say what the fees are. When I view the fare rules for this fare it says "Full refund when cancelled prior to departure time". So which is it. Are there fees for canceling?
just looking at the refund claim form section of the EI website here: https://www.aerlingus.com/support/ca...#/sectionSeven

It says “A Refund Administration fee may apply. Exceptions include fully refundable fare types like Flex / Advantage / Business Flex, and disrupted flights that we have had to cancel.”

Therefore it would be fair to assume there will be no fee to cancel an Aerspace fare because it has the same conditions as Advantage. Luckily I haven’t had to cancel though so maybe someone who has can weigh in.
JIMCHI likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
I was told by EI that AerSpace are fully refundable. No fees.
Pete_23567 and JIMCHI like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:30 am

I recently had to apply for a Aerspace refund and it was fully refunded to my card in 5 days with no deductions.
Pete_23567 and JIMCHI like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 1:24 pm

When does no change fee expire on lower fares such a saver?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by mailliW
When does no change fee expire on lower fares such a saver?
30/9 is the date .
Old Sep 3, 2022, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
30/9 is the date .
thanks for the info. It's a feature I've used a lot over last couple of years
DELLAS likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 3:22 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Bump.

Anyone know if the full refund applies to Advantage fares too?

(i.e. no 12 admin fee - they really leave it ambiguous with the 'may apply', how is one to know if does or not?)
Old Nov 30, 2023, 1:32 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Bump.

Anyone know if the full refund applies to Advantage fares too?

(i.e. no 12 admin fee - they really leave it ambiguous with the 'may apply', how is one to know if does or not?)
I had to cancel two Advantage tickets recently and a full refund was provided. No fee.
alserire and ChurnieEls like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:13 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
My recent refunds were processed within minutes with the money back on the credit card the next day.

Even for a booking where I had previously made changes to a different date with a fare difference, I got the full fare back.
ChurnieEls likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.